Author Topic: SMFPets Version 0.2  (Read 161747 times)

Offline Basil Beard

Re: SMFPets Version 0.2
« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2008, 02:10:47 pm »
Um no, assuming I coded the item right, which might not be the case. I'm too lazy to check, you should be able to select how many max pets a cage allows when you first add the cage as an item. That is where the "item_info[1]" gets set. Last I checked, SMF shop supports four of these variables per item, sorted in $item_info[1] through $item_info[4]. If for some reason I messed up how the item is added, just change $item_info[1] to 10 if you want to hardcode the change to 10 pets.
Arrrrr!

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2008, 04:52:33 am »
So I decided to sit down and start working on this again -- see if I could fix some bugs and what not.

The problem is, I can't replicate the bugs on my own copy of the mod. I've tried naming/decribing my pet with quotes, semi-colons and other such things that were causing people trouble. And it didn't give me any errors. So yeah, new policy if you want me to ever potentially fix a bug (still no promises I will do so it a timely manner, but the chances will be improved) -- send me a personal message here with all important/relevant information (like what version of PHP and SMF you are running). Posting in the forum is fine, as it allows others to respond as well, but PM's will allow me to figure out what needs to be fixed in a less cluttered manner =)
Arrrrr!

Offline libra_86930

« Reply #197 on: May 30, 2008, 01:38:46 am »
hi, is there any instructions on how to manually install this mod? I tried installing it by package but it gave me the message'FTP Information Required ,Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.'

and when I input my info it just reloaded but the password space is blank. I couldnt have put in the wrong pass, I tried it a lot of times but still the same

Offline bgwebmistress

« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2008, 10:54:26 am »
hi, is there any instructions on how to manually install this mod? I tried installing it by package but it gave me the message'FTP Information Required ,Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.'

and when I input my info it just reloaded but the password space is blank. I couldnt have put in the wrong pass, I tried it a lot of times but still the same

I am getting the same thing myself....

Offline RileyHarper

« Reply #199 on: June 20, 2008, 10:02:16 am »
Hi,

I think I may have a problem with my pet hatchery, the only thing I can edit on it is the pet's name. I was wondering if that is correct, when I installed it showed no errors but I don't know where I'm supposed to add/edit my pets. Please help, thank you.

-Ril

Offline Aruta

« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2008, 03:46:54 am »
hi, is there any instructions on how to manually install this mod?

The zip file includes "install_SMF1-1.xml". All the instructions are in there.

----

I have a problem i cant seem to fix. I checked the thread but i couldnt find this one. After a clean install i keep getting the following errors in the errorlog. The errors apear after viewing the pet hatchery. (index.php?action=shop;do=pets).

8: Trying to get property of non-object
File:
/public/sites/forum.silverrose.nl/Sources/shop/pet_engine.php
Line: 169

8: Undefined offset: 3
File:
/public/sites/forum.silverrose.nl/Sources/shop/pet_engine.php
Line: 169

Im running a fresh install of smf 1.1.5 with shop 3.0 and pets 0.2
I did however restore some old database entries, but i did reset the pet count and maximums in smf_members.
Strange thing is that these errors only seem to pop up when my account visits Pet Central. Other users dont seem to have this problem.

Any help will be very welcome!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 06:20:11 am by Aruta »

Offline Toups

« Reply #201 on: July 08, 2008, 06:47:39 am »
Greetings, great mod for the shop you made here, works great.  The only problem I'm having is on the Pet Leaderboard, when you click on someone's pet there it tries to go to ?action=profile;u=2;sa=showPets but not on the forum's page.  It tries to go to http://sandbox.nomicville.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2;sa=showPets instead of my website.. Any fix for this?

Offline Aruta

« Reply #202 on: July 08, 2008, 08:54:09 am »
Greetings, great mod for the shop you made here, works great.  The only problem I'm having is on the Pet Leaderboard, when you click on someone's pet there it tries to go to ?action=profile;u=2;sa=showPets but not on the forum's page.  It tries to go to http://sandbox.nomicville.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2;sa=showPets instead of my website.. Any fix for this?

Yup. Its in this thread somewhere.

Offline Toups

« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2008, 01:01:49 am »
Just wondering if anyone has written any new pet breeds codes or new pet skills.  I'll be trying to write some over the next few days that I'll share here if they actually work.  Would love to see anyone's new pet skills or complete pets if anyone has made some!

Offline Nascar

« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2008, 04:51:40 pm »
I get this error at the Show Pets function in the profile:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function showPets() in /home/simmarcu/public_html/Sources/Profile.php on line 403

Everything else works fine.

Offline cheshirex

« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2008, 12:25:10 am »
Hi there -

I seem to be having some trouble installing this mod.  The package manager keeps telling me that some of the files are not writable, and for whatever reason - connecting via ftp server through smf has never worked for me (always tells me that the folder I'm trying to access doesn't exist).  I'm a coder by no means, so I'm resisting doing a manual install for fear of seriously messing something up.  Any ideas on what I can do to install this package?

Offline mich0psp

« Reply #206 on: September 03, 2008, 04:29:57 am »
OK... after some cussing and fiddling on my part, the pets are working. I was able to get the breeds I wanted in there and the images I wanted to use...

But when I click on my pet's name from the leader board page, it takes me to http://sandbox.nomicville.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1;sa=showPets and tells me that the page isn't there.

What file (and where) do I need to edit to make it go to my forum?

Here's what it needs to be:
http://forum.pspnpixels.net/index.php?action=profile;u=1;sa=showPets
(and I checked that link and it does work)

EDIT: Fixed now. In case anyone else has this same problem it's in the Shop-Pets.php file. I just did a search for sandbox.nomicville.com and replaced it with forum.pspnpixels.net All is well.  :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 04:34:13 am by mich0psp »

Offline Ace1564

« Reply #207 on: September 03, 2008, 10:46:33 pm »
Hi i just installed the pets mod and all went well.
I like to know how do i add the pets to this mod now?.

Offline Ace1564

« Reply #208 on: September 04, 2008, 04:39:22 am »
I found it.. nevermind... but i do have errors

after buying pet food and trying to feed my pet i get this error

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' happy = happy + WHERE pet_id = 3 AND ownerid = 5' at line 1
File: /home/website/public_html/Forum/Sources/shop/items/Food.php
Line: 83

any ideas what i can do to fix this please?..

Offline ozman69

« Reply #209 on: September 05, 2008, 10:36:53 am »
Not sure how much of an answer I'll get since the author of this mod hasn't posted in months, but here goes.

I just installed the shop mod 3.0 and had no problems.  Then I went to install the pets mod 0.2 and got test failed on:

./Themes/default/Profile.template.php
and
./Sources/Profile.php

I don't think the profile.template one will be that big of an issue to resolve using the package parsers info on what needs to be modified, but there is no mention of profile.php at all.  I'm pretty sure the conflicting mod is the ultimate profiler that I installed a few months ago.  While I do enjoy that mod, I was willing to uninstall it to see if it was the problem, but I got multiple errors on the test uninstall, so I'm kind of between a rock and a hard place as to if I can even use this mod. 

If anyone has any information or help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Oz