Author Topic: SMFPets Version 0.2  (Read 161443 times)

Offline assasinkilla

Re: SMFPets Version 0.2
« Reply #180 on: March 02, 2008, 02:11:40 pm »
Can someone explain fully detailed what is this all about
You buy a pet... And?

Offline JusPlay77

« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2008, 12:00:27 am »
Powered by SMF 1.1.4
Powered by SMFShop 3.0 (Build 12)
SMFPets Version 0.2

I had problems with it prior, so I uninstalled it, and manually installed it so I know that it was done correctly with no errors from the Package Manager. 

Scenario:  Everything is working as far as the way it should look, the permissions, and the ability to add pets to the Pet Hatchery.. Here are some screenshots:

Pet Central:
Pet Hatchery:
Pets Leaderboard:

Problem: I do not have any pets, yet when I try to purchase a pet, I get the following error:

Solution Attempts:  I tried to use a Cage (item from shop), but I get the following:

And if I click Use Item anyways, I get the following:

When I go back to my Inventory, the cage is of course gone, and when I go back to the Hatchery, I still cannot purchase a pet.

So I cant purchase pets, and I can't increase my MAX-PETS allowed.. Any solutions?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 12:07:50 am by JusPlay77 »

Offline JusPlay77

« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2008, 08:38:13 pm »
I am sorry to say that this mod has a long way to go, and I am discontinuing the use of it until a new version is released (if ever as it seems that most of the developers on this forum are inactive)

I had a fresh install on a new forum (only mods added were SMFShop, SMFShop Stats, SMF Pets 0.2).  Everything installed fine and looked great.. I used the original pets that came with it (no custom ones).. and was able to purchase a pet and train it. 

However, the same problems occurred that I faced on my forum:

• Pet Cage - none of the cage scripts on this forum worked.  It would simply delete itself and not allow you to purchase more pets
  • No way of changing MAX-ALLOWED pets.
  • If a player uses any non-alpha characters in the description the following error is shown below (NOTE: This effects ALL functions of the shop)

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's hometown.',
hunger = 8,
age = 1,
training ' at line 7
File: /home/content/x/x/x/xxxxxxxxxxx/html/smf/Sources/shop/pet_engine.php
Line: 305

This is true for both forums. 

--

I hope that someone does try to develop an SMFPets Version 0.3 with the above bugs fixed.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 08:45:49 pm by JusPlay77 »

Offline Swannie

« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2008, 11:23:08 am »
ok I install the new mod from a fresh install
and my Pet Hatchery is empty?

I did upload some pets in the directory for it too
why isn't it showing.

And should I see something in the admin to set up the pets
only thing I see in admin is the two items in the shop food and cage.

Thanks for your help
I tried to search for a document on how this mod works but hard to find in all the post

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #184 on: March 27, 2008, 11:26:35 am »
I was going to rant, but then I realized that it really isn't fair to you guys. None of you are really griping like people did before. You  are just being like "This mod is broken" to which I respond "Lol yeah thats why its in beta and version 0.2  :D".

The current status of things remains as follows: The only thing I get out of doing this is personal satisfaction. Because of that, I will only work on this when I A) feel like working on in and B) have the time. I'm in college right now, so not only rarely have the time to work on projects like this, when I do have the time I feel like doing other stuff.

So feel free to keep on asking questions, answering questions, pointing out bugs, and fixing bugs but it still remains that I am well aware of the state this mod is in and really don't care. If someone wants to take my code and run with it, please go right ahead. I'd love to see a working version as much as anyone =) 
Arrrrr!

Offline Ricardo-san

« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2008, 12:44:11 pm »
What are you guys talking about? Go to my forum below and you'll see. Works perfectly fine. Thanks for the sweet mod!
(My forum is down below in my sig. Plz sign up! Esp. Basil, if he has the time. If not, its ok. :) )

Offline Ricardo-san

« Reply #186 on: March 28, 2008, 03:39:15 am »
Does anyone know how to show the pets in your sig? Someone wrte the code already, but I cant find his post...

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2008, 04:19:43 am »
If I had to wager a guess, Ricardo-san, I would say different versions of PHP. Because yeah, everything pretty much works fine for me as well.  :P
Arrrrr!

Offline Ricardo-san

« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2008, 04:33:46 am »
...and just as I said it, here comes a problem. i can buy up to three cages, but after that, it displays the same error message as JusPlay77. Queer...

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2008, 06:51:40 am »
So I think I recall putting some limiting factor in. That you should be able to edit when you add the cage as an item. That way, you can allow your members to have extra pets, but not too many extra pets.  :P
Arrrrr!

Offline Ricardo-san

« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2008, 11:10:24 am »
Cool, I'll check it out. I don't recall that option when I made the cage item, i might have to go in the script and manually change it. :P

Offline Ricardo-san

« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2008, 11:41:42 am »
It appears that you set the cage to one-use only:

Code: [Select]
function getUseInput()
{
global $db_prefix, $ID_MEMBER, $item_info;

$result = db_query("SELECT maxpets FROM {$db_prefix}members WHERE ID_MEMBER = {$ID_MEMBER}", __FILE__, __LINE__);
$row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result);
if ($row['maxpets'] >= $item_info[1]) {
return "You already have too many pets to use this item. Using it will just result in item loss.";
}
If I delete the if/else statement I could get unlimited pets. But how about 10 cages...? Change $item_info[1] to $item_info[10]? Would this work?  :idiot2:

Offline Ricardo-san

« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2008, 11:52:32 am »
Darn that doesn't work...I think I have to create two new functions. Dang. More work... :tickedoff:

Offline Ricardo-san

« Reply #193 on: March 28, 2008, 11:58:08 am »
Got it! I'll use if/else statment. If info1, then add info2. Then the quert checks for info10. I'll post the code here when I'm done. ;D

Offline Ricardo-san

« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2008, 12:31:25 pm »
Sorry can't find where to put it...any help?