Author Topic: SMFPets Version 0.2  (Read 162005 times)

Offline gs123

Re: SMFPets Version 0.2
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2007, 01:55:39 am »
I figured it out! You can edit those when you're adding the item!!  I tried to "Edit" the "Food" item and there wasn't an option to change that.

Offline Matthew Gall

« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2007, 11:27:47 pm »
I Installed This On My Website (Inc A Backup) And I Can Access It Smoothly However When Another User Tries To Access The Pets Area Only It Force Log's Them Out And Will Not Let Them Buy Pets. Installation Was Smooth With No Problems However The pets.gif Images Was Not Included In The Installation Package.

Offline feildmaster

« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2007, 12:51:45 am »
the installation only includes "Blank Pet".

You have to change the breed in pets_breeds and make more for each one.. follow the template.

and the only reason i can think of for the permissions is...

the database failed to install correctly...

Offline Matthew Gall

« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2007, 01:06:51 am »
Database Installed Correctly - All Permissions OK

Offline feildmaster

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2007, 01:34:47 am »
check your mysql... wait.. let me get a better look at .2...

lets see, it doesn't let u buy if you don't have more than the price in your pocket... hmm... but the log out.. that doesn't make any sense... sorry, can't help u. Oo

Offline gs123

« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2007, 08:47:12 am »
First, I like to say! Thanks for this mod!! It's freeking awesome!! that said, is there a manual doc anywhere?

Offline gs123

« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2007, 08:48:18 am »
First, I like to say! Thanks for this mod!! It's freeking awesome!! that said, is there a manual doc anywhere?

as of now, I'm kind of learning by trial/error.

As of now, I'm not sure how much you should feed a day.  And what that numbers actually mean like hunger.

Offline David

« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2007, 09:08:11 am »
 This mod is in beta development so a manual would be rather unlikely...I don't mean this unkindly but I'd never put a beta mod on a live forum...use it on a test forum and aid development by all means. Generally software isn't ready for live use until it's up to v1.0 or above so the version number says a lot to you.

The best way to see what it does is to try things out and learn as you go...as you've been doing.

Offline feildmaster

« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2007, 02:00:19 am »
and hunger does down 1-2 a day, u can feed it as much as you want... there is currently no limit..

umm... w/e else i can prolly find out n tell u... >.>

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2007, 12:35:11 am »
Hunger and Happiness drop by a couple each day, with a min of zero. Skills cannot be used if either stat is below five, so you need to keep everything up.

Sorry I havn't had much time to work on this recently. Could someone just make a list of the current bugs people have been having(like the quotes screwing up the whole pet system), and I will try to get on it?
Arrrrr!

Joshsuxx

« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2007, 12:21:14 pm »
Hunger and Happiness drop by a couple each day, with a min of zero. Skills cannot be used if either stat is below five, so you need to keep everything up.

Sorry I havn't had much time to work on this recently. Could someone just make a list of the current bugs people have been having(like the quotes screwing up the whole pet system), and I will try to get on it?

only thing i can think of at the moment is what you just said, except it doesn't screw up the pet system, it completely kills the shop, until you go into phpmyadmin and remove the quote manually mate.

Offline Xarcell

« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2007, 04:33:19 am »
I have to say that this mod sounds extremely interesting....
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 04:39:31 am by Xarcell »

Offline Xarcell

« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2007, 06:23:00 am »
I tried this item and so far it's very cool. I hope you continue to develop it.

Have you thought about adding more things, like:

Condition: 1-10  = ("antibotics kit" shop item to fix)
Hygiene: 1-10 ("grooming kit" shop item to fix)

I also have a problem, but maybe I'm not doing it right. I'm trying to use a "cage", but get this message:

This item requires further input. Please complete the fields below, and then press "Use Item"
You already have too many pets to use this item. Using it will just result in item loss.

Offline AbsoluteBreeze

« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2007, 06:26:05 pm »
This looks like a great addon :)

Any chance of a new download link?

Offline David

« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2007, 06:30:26 pm »
For now I'll post the file below: