Author Topic: Item: EggAvatar  (Read 179401 times)

Offline perplexed

Re: Item: Egg your victims avatar
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2007, 02:55:14 am »
javascript is annoying but can be worked around, the other problem once you egg someone you cant egg them again, is a little harder to explain to members

thanks feeble, I have uni too so I hear you on that one lol

Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Offline feeble

« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2007, 05:00:33 am »
javascript is annoying but can be worked around, the other problem once you egg someone you cant egg them again, is a little harder to explain to members

thanks feeble, I have uni too so I hear you on that one lol

im going to need your website address please, either here or pm, as it looks like it may be a problem at your end, so i need to check please.

also i think ive found the javascript problem, but an unable to test at this point in time.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 05:08:56 am by feeble »

Offline feeble

« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2007, 06:22:35 pm »
V14 is now out. link in first post
RECOMMENDED UPDATE

new debug mode, so if you are having issues, ill will probably get you to send me this information before i look at anything, as most problem now are solved by fixing SMF errors in the admin panel.

for those who have requested egged image to not be stored in avatar directory, ill be adding this in the next version as well, but im limited at the moment to how smfshop functions, so it will have to be a separate item, which im not to happy about but it will happen.

Change-log from V13 to V14
-FIX:fixed the issues with users having spaces in their username. thanks to perplexed for pointing this out.
-ADDED: debug mode: ive added a debug mode in the EggUser.php file, so if you are having issues, just set it to true, then send me a pm on its read out next time you use the item.
-UPDATED: as per suggestion from TechnoDragon, ive made it so it will search for the users login name or realname, should make finding users a little easier. should of done this on the get go but better late then never.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 06:25:44 pm by feeble »

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2007, 09:35:16 pm »
Wow, very good work Feeble...though let me tell you from experience...you are probably better off leaving the avatars as they are, it is near impossible to change that stuff with out a total rewrite of the whole avatar code in smf...
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

Offline feeble

« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2007, 05:13:45 am »
Wow, very good work Feeble...though let me tell you from experience...you are probably better off leaving the avatars as they are, it is near impossible to change that stuff with out a total rewrite of the whole avatar code in smf...

? what are you refering to by this?

the debug mode? or storing the egged image in a directory other then avatars?

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2007, 05:43:29 am »
or storing the egged image in a directory other then avatars?

That
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

Offline feeble

« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2007, 07:50:16 am »
or storing the egged image in a directory other then avatars?

That

its not that difficult, just storing the eggimage in a separate directory, then telling smf that the avatar is an external image.

Offline GhostWriter

« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2007, 11:41:41 am »
That is awesome..I just added it to my forum and it worked out well.....

Nice item....

Offline tamibrown

« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2007, 10:10:55 pm »
Does this not work on people's avatars if they are linked from offsite?  It doesnt seem to work on avatars if they aren't uploaded to the server (for people who are using the "I have my ownpic" option).  When I try to hit someone who's avatar is on the board by that method, I get "Avatar is an unknown filetype".  Must their avatar be on my server for it to work?

Offline feeble

« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2007, 04:45:29 pm »
Does this not work on people's avatars if they are linked from offsite?  It doesnt seem to work on avatars if they aren't uploaded to the server (for people who are using the "I have my ownpic" option).  When I try to hit someone who's avatar is on the board by that method, I get "Avatar is an unknown filetype".  Must their avatar be on my server for it to work?

no it actually should work for pictures off site,

it does sometimes depend on the server host.

umm can you send me an example of the off site image so i can test it on my webhost, if that works out fine, ill send you a debug version for Egg Avatar so we can see what is happening

Offline tamibrown

« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2007, 07:44:42 pm »
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d57/siriuslytwisted/Image5.png
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/celeritydream/avatar.jpg

I can only seem to get the item to work on avatars that are uploaded on to my server, in the avatar folder.

Offline feeble

« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2007, 04:30:12 am »
hmm

here is the debug version

please send me in a pm what it outputs when it fails please

Offline tamibrown

« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2007, 04:44:59 am »
PM sent........

Offline feeble

« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2007, 04:54:48 am »
PM sent........

im going to look into it, but at this point in time it looks like its to do with your host, and not allowing external grabs.

ill look into a way to get around this, but i cant promise anything

Offline tamibrown

« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2007, 05:31:32 am »
PM sent........

im going to look into it, but at this point in time it looks like its to do with your host, and not allowing external grabs.

ill look into a way to get around this, but i cant promise anything

Not a prob, I appreciate the help....it just may mean I have to choose between not allowing them external avatars or the egging mod.