Author Topic: Item: EggAvatar  (Read 179543 times)

Offline feeble

Re: Item: Egg your victims avatar
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2007, 02:24:31 pm »
the avatar can be most things, just try the default avatars that come with smf, if they work, then its working correctly.

also if it cant handle the avatar it will let you know

It is just not working, and it is not telling me anything. It says all the tests are fine, but when I egg someone, the avatar turns out broken.

looking at your forums, there is something wrong with how you have set it up. I need admin if thats ok.

Offline xfollowthereaperx

« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2007, 02:26:08 pm »
the avatar can be most things, just try the default avatars that come with smf, if they work, then its working correctly.

It is just not working, and it is not telling me anything. It says all the tests are fine, but when I egg someone, the avatar turns out broken.

looking at your forums, there is something wrong with how you have set it up. I need admin if thats ok.
Do you have aim?

AIM me at ALLFATTEPUP69 or MSN me at XFOLLOWTEHREAPERX@HOTMAIL.COM

« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2007, 03:30:00 pm »

Do you have aim?

AIM me at ALLFATTEPUP69 or MSN me at XFOLLOWTEHREAPERX@HOTMAIL.COM

Thanks a **** load, if anyone needs help Feeble did a great job on fixing mine, Thanks!

Offline feeble

« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2007, 03:35:00 pm »
Version 13 is out.
Small bug fix only for certain webhosting, so not necessary if you aren't having any problems.
Download link in first post

change log below.

Change-log from V12 to V13
-FIX:fix a bug where egg details weren't being initialized properly on certain hosting. thanks xfollowthereaperx for the use of your forums.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 03:37:48 pm by feeble »

« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2007, 09:37:10 am »
I'm extremely sorry but my server deleted the egg item

If you have a copy of the file you sent me or can fix it really quickly could you please? :(

Offline feeble

« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2007, 10:38:05 am »

If you have a copy of the file you sent me or can fix it really quickly could you please? :(

your problem was fixed in the main package, just download it again

Offline Ricky

« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2007, 04:33:29 am »
May I suggest, to create the folder somewhere else, such as in the main folder for your forum so it does not show in your profile, when trying to change your avatar? :)

« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2007, 07:05:57 am »

your problem was fixed in the main package, just download it again
I found the problem, my FTP didn't store the egg image

Sorry for bothering you  ;D

Offline feeble

« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2007, 11:58:40 am »
May I suggest, to create the folder somewhere else, such as in the main folder for your forum so it does not show in your profile, when trying to change your avatar? :)

how it stores the avatar in the member profile, it needs to be in the avatar folder.

ill work on a different version, that stores it else where

Offline Ricky

« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2007, 07:54:00 pm »
Okay thank you, when it's finished would it be posted here?

Offline feeble

« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2007, 10:55:33 am »
Okay thank you, when it's finished would it be posted here?

of course mate, it will be. just that atm, im pretty busy and actually heading on holidays for a couple of weeks. leaving 2morrow. so ill see what i can do before i go, but i cant promise anything.

Offline perplexed

« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2007, 07:23:21 pm »
hello

I installed shop 3.0 yesterday and then this item.

I have two problems but this server seemed to be down last night so I couldnt post till now.

Problem one I think is a shop problem regarding 'user not found'  I posted about this on the smf shop thread last year for 2.3 version, and someone posted a fix.  This doesnt work for 3.0.  See page 82 of smf shop mod thread.   If you are in shop, your inventory and trying to use an item eg this one, and type in a member name or try to search for one, it doesnt find the name.  The search finds the name but when you click on it, it doesnt put it in the name box.  Then if you try to do it, it still says user not found.  Putting in the name the member registered with works, only if you type it in.  Search does not work

Second problem,
I selected actor avatars for two members so I could test this mod out.  Apart from the above problem actually getting it to find the user, the egging worked on both.  However, this morning I tried to egg them for a second time and I got this message instead:

They are wearing david boreanaz and charisma carpenter actor avatars with one kiss each.  But it wont let me do it again.

This is my testforum but I cant put it on the live one until these problems are resolved.  Any ideas and help appreciated. 
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Offline perplexed

« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2007, 08:07:02 pm »
whoops sorry, here are the errors I have in the forum error log in relation to the above problem:

2: getimagesize(/home/mysite/public_html/testforum/avatars/egged/egged_fred%20blogs.png) [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
File: /home/mysite/public_html/testforum/Sources/shop/items/EggUser.php
Line: 204

2: getimagesize(http://www.mysite.com/testforum/avatars/egged/egged_fred blogs.png) [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Line: 212
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 07:07:25 pm by perplexed »

Offline feeble

« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2007, 04:34:33 pm »
whoops sorry, here are the errors I have in the forum error log in relation to the above problem:

2: getimagesize(/home/mysite/public_html/testforum/avatars/egged/egged_Imperial%20Scribe.png) [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Line: 204

2: getimagesize(http://www.mysite.com/testforum/avatars/egged/egged_Imperial Scribe.png) [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Line: 212

errors basically mean it couldnt find the avatar image

please make sure you have all your settings correct in smf admin area->attachments and avatars

also if possible can you please give me your test site address so i can check a few things

Offline perplexed

« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2007, 08:47:52 pm »
thanks for your reply.

I checked the avatar settings I dont see anything wrong with them.
If I go into my profile to select an avatar , I can choose from actors, musicicians, and egged, so they are definitely there.  PNG is an allowed file type, the folder is in the right place with the other folders. 

What else do I need to check?

edited to add:  I tried again and there is still the other issue of user name not found etc, which is causing problems, but I tried to egg one of the test users again, and it accepted it but when I looked at their avatar it still only had the one kiss on it, and this time I had tried an egg, but it hasnt shown up on their avatar.  It should have two but only one.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 08:52:53 pm by perplexed »