Author Topic: Item: EggAvatar  (Read 176818 times)

Offline feeble

Re: Item: Egg your victims avatar
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2006, 01:51:46 pm »
Thanks for reply!... sorry if i offend you... ok, this is my avatar
http://foroqliao.ifastnet.com/foro/attachments/avatar_1.png
and is me XD

Maybe its because i dont have an .htacess file?
how i made one?

... greetings! :D

not at all, your right mate.

ill look into it, ill probably have an updated version in a day or 2.

Would it be possible if you could tell me if thats an uploaded avatar?

ive been thinking of rewriting how it gets its url anyways.

.htaccess file that i deleted comes standard with TP
just contains
Code: [Select]
<Files *>
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from localhost
</Files>

essentially the website is only allowed to call the file to be downloaded. .htaccess is nice. i mostly use it myself to rewrite urls.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 01:54:51 pm by feeble »

Offline feeble

« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2006, 06:04:33 pm »
v11Beta is now out.

Please refer to the first post for the download link and changelog.

v11Beta is basically a complete rewrite of getting the href of the users avatar. now uses smf functions (finally found out how lol)

this is beta since its not completely tested but should solve your problem checho_vacan, but cant be certain at this point in time.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 06:09:42 pm by feeble »

Offline checho_vacan

« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2006, 11:34:27 pm »
OMG!!! you are good!!... :)

... but it still tellme that "Egg is an unknown filetype" thing...

It's ok... :( im really want to make some kind of interactive avatars with this really cool addon....
and... i want to "modify" this "avatar base" and "buy" stuff for him... :D

The picture of mine was an uploaded avatar... but my "avatar base" its in the avatar place...

I hope you can helpme ;) thanks

PD: My english sux :P

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2006, 11:54:37 pm »
OMG!!! you are good!!... :)

... but it still tellme that "Egg is an unknown filetype" thing...

It's ok... :( im really want to make some kind of interactive avatars with this really cool addon....
and... i want to "modify" this "avatar base" and "buy" stuff for him... :D

The picture of mine was an uploaded avatar... but my "avatar base" its in the avatar place...

I hope you can helpme ;) thanks

PD: My english sux :P

Checho...where are you geting that avatar stuff from?

I ask, because I have been working on an SMF compatible mod that will allow members to make avatars very similar to what you posted...
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

Offline feeble

« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2006, 07:59:50 pm »
checho_vacan. looking at your forum, the egg avatar should now work if you upgrade to v12.
your forum is a little strange, and v10 wasn't working cause you had your avatar settings a slightly wrong. but its all good mate.

anyways, should only upgrade to v12 if you are having issues with the previous version. this basically combines v10 and v11Beta. should cover most cases now.

also add a new egg. a snowflake for the xmas season

you can download v12 from the first post.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 08:19:55 pm by feeble »

Offline checho_vacan

« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2006, 12:36:10 pm »
Thanks a lot!! you are my god! =P

Offline Universe_JDJ

« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2006, 06:09:02 pm »
Hi,

I get the same problem as the user above. The latest version does not fix it and the following appears in the forum error log:

2: getimagesize(http://girra.110mb.com/forums/Sources/shop/item_images/eggedoriginal.gif) [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found
File: /www/110mb.com/g/i/r/r/a/_/_/_/girra/htdocs/forums/Sources/shop/items/EggUser.php
Line: 216

2: getimagesize() [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration
File: /www/110mb.com/g/i/r/r/a/_/_/_/girra/htdocs/forums/Sources/shop/items/EggUser.php
Line: 216

8: Undefined index: eggtaunt
Line: 166

The locations for the avatars/attachment directories do not contain trailing slashes and from the second error message, I seem to think it's something to do with my host.

Offline animecosmo

« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2007, 08:51:19 am »
Okay, I have a weird one. I created an egged directory in the avatars directory in my forum. However, when I go to add the item, it says "EGGED DIR NOT FOUND, please create an egged directory @" and shows my OLD host and domain info instead of my current sever settings. My server settings are all set up correctly, but I am thinking maybe since we had the shop in the old directory, somehow the databases or files or something got a bit wierd during the transfer. Where would I go to check, and how would I fix this?

It DOES say "GD SUCCESSFULLY FOUND, ITEM SHOULD WORK"

As I expected, when the item is used, it doesn't create the egged avatar. Instead it has a broken image. I am sure that would be fixed if the right path was able to be put in place.

Offline feeble

« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2007, 03:39:56 am »
Okay, I have a weird one. I created an egged directory in the avatars directory in my forum. However, when I go to add the item, it says "EGGED DIR NOT FOUND, please create an egged directory @" and shows my OLD host and domain info instead of my current sever settings. My server settings are all set up correctly, but I am thinking maybe since we had the shop in the old directory, somehow the databases or files or something got a bit wierd during the transfer. Where would I go to check, and how would I fix this?

It DOES say "GD SUCCESSFULLY FOUND, ITEM SHOULD WORK"

As I expected, when the item is used, it doesn't create the egged avatar. Instead it has a broken image. I am sure that would be fixed if the right path was able to be put in place.

it uses forum variables to make the forum to make the forum, so i would highly recommend to go through each of your forum setting to check each address.

more then likely, your avatar dir and links needs to be updated, which im assuming atm, if you go into your profile, the avatar box will be broken.

head here and check each tab please
http://www.animecosmo.com/Forum/index.php?action=manageattachments

Offline animecosmo

« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2007, 08:23:09 am »
Hmm, well it did make it pass the check, but now the avatar is showing up as broken. There is no avatar in the egged directory, either. I read somewhere that something has to be a GIF file. Does the avatar have to be a gif file? Does the avatar have to be uploaded, or can it just be linked? Does it have to be a certain size? If one of those is the cause of the problem, that should be any easy fix. I'll just set it so people have to upload an avatar rather than direct linking it, set the size, etc.

Offline feeble

« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2007, 09:07:48 pm »
Hmm, well it did make it pass the check, but now the avatar is showing up as broken. There is no avatar in the egged directory, either. I read somewhere that something has to be a GIF file. Does the avatar have to be a gif file? Does the avatar have to be uploaded, or can it just be linked? Does it have to be a certain size? If one of those is the cause of the problem, that should be any easy fix. I'll just set it so people have to upload an avatar rather than direct linking it, set the size, etc.

the avatar can be most things, just try the default avatars that come with smf, if they work, then its working correctly.

also if it cant handle the avatar it will let you know

Offline xfollowthereaperx

« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2007, 12:32:12 pm »
Error help please!

When I use the item it says: 'Egg is an unknown filetype'
No errors when installing

SMF1.1.1
Egg version: 19/DEC/06

Offline feeble

« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2007, 07:14:11 pm »
Error help please!

SMF1.1.1

normally means it is having trouble finding the egg images.

can i get your website address please

Offline animecosmo

« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2007, 05:58:39 am »
the avatar can be most things, just try the default avatars that come with smf, if they work, then its working correctly.

also if it cant handle the avatar it will let you know

It is just not working, and it is not telling me anything. It says all the tests are fine, but when I egg someone, the avatar turns out broken.

Offline xfollowthereaperx

« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2007, 06:54:43 am »
Error help please!

SMF1.1.1

normally means it is having trouble finding the egg images.

can i get your website address please
http://powerspike.ulmb.com/forums

Thanks