Author Topic: REQUEST : Gifts  (Read 5913 times)

Offline bigrossco

REQUEST : Gifts
« on: March 22, 2007, 10:29:31 pm »
Hay!

Must say i love this mod!

but one thing missing, one thing ALL my users want SMFShop to have:

Ability to give gifts to other users

here is how it would work,

you would buy the gift from the store, and then in the users details next to his/her posts below their info/profile aviator it would show small images of their gifts

This mod is availble for other shop's i.e. you can get this for the shop used on VBuiliten

Offline inkstains

Re: REQUEST : Gifts
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 10:47:51 am »
you can already send items to someone with a message,  you could use that for gift giving, dunno about the images in the post information though, why would you need it?

Offline feeble

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 06:09:36 pm »
you can already send items to someone with a message,  you could use that for gift giving, dunno about the images in the post information though, why would you need it?

i dunno sounds pretty cool, guess its why do you need wrapping paper when giving someone a present?
then again, i dont use wrapping paper when i give presents, so its up to the individual

Offline bigrossco

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 07:09:08 pm »
its just something other forum shop systems offer, you would go to the shop, buy a gift from their you would get a list of gifts i.e. Wine, Rose, gift box, heart, that kind of stuff, you would then enter the username of who to send it to then on the forum it would show the image of that gift under their details.

It just something i know people love to have and use, and know it to be popular on other systems (have seen this on other sites)

R

Offline inkstains

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 07:23:20 pm »
sorry if that came across as attacking ya idea was just wondering why you'd use it. but yeh i can see how it would be popular. reminds me a bit of the e-card item

Offline bigrossco

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 07:27:56 pm »
thats no problem :)  its just quite a good mod that all

this is a sample of what its like on posts so you can see better by what i mean

http://www.chatsusa.com/f13/what-chatsusa-means-me-17757/index2.html

(not my site, a site i used to be a member of before i left to setup my own )

Offline inkstains

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 08:12:26 pm »
yeh that's tidy i get what you were saying now, that'd be a good mod.

Offline bigrossco

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 08:25:57 pm »
yeh i know it would be lol thats y i suggested it :P

my users are always on at me to find out when we can get it

Larke

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 01:59:17 pm »
I'd  very much like to see this feature/mod. I'll definately be watching this thread!