Author Topic: Why am I the only one excited about the shop items ?  (Read 2644 times)

Offline perplexed

Why am I the only one excited about the shop items ?
« on: June 14, 2007, 06:19:40 pm »
I have installed many shop items and some of them like the egging item and the arcade pass, I think are just brilliant, and I have a ton of other items, yet they hardly get used at all.

I seem to be the only one excited about the shop.  I especially love the egging and thought that would catch on like a house on fire but people don't use it much.  (we did have some hiccups with it in the beginning but not much) so why do you think people don't use the shop much?

oh and they all have plenty of money btw, they just don't spend it... ever
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Offline feeble

Re: Why am I the only one excited about the shop items ?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 07:06:09 am »
Due to the rapid response to this thread, I guess you are the only one :)

On another note:
Most users that I've talked to treat the money similar to "Experience Points", trying to get the most on the forums.
I know I am on this forum
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 07:10:56 am by feeble »

Offline Joker Grafix

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 02:00:11 pm »
I love the shop items as well. I guess we just have to focus on a way to make people want to use the shop more. Such as things like the Buy Avatar option, perhaps also add Buy Signature, maybe even add some other CSS items as in more colors, maybe highlight background colors on their names, or drop shadows, etc. Things that would spice up their names/titles/profiles.

Offline perplexed

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 03:49:30 am »
Due to the rapid response to this thread, I guess you are the only one :)

On another note:
Most users that I've talked to treat the money similar to "Experience Points", trying to get the most on the forums.
I know I am on this forum

haha see I was right Feeble lol

I have many many things to spend your money on but like you say, maybe they dont want to spend it.  But they can always get more, all they have to do is post - oh wait I see the problem lol *rolls eyes*

I think maybe some of it is down to people not really understanding what to do, despite many instructions, or fear of the new or unusual etc.  The usual suspects *shrug*

I like the egging and the CSS changes but very very few people use them at all.  Maybe its general apathy as people dont use the cool new extended profiles and extra features there either.  Like I said, I'm the only one that's excited about it lol

I really wanted to install technodragons avatar mod but I cant just now, but probably if I do that, I will be the only one playing with that feature too :(

*thinks about some prozac for the members*
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 10:46:02 am »
I have installed many shop items and some of them like the egging item and the arcade pass, I think are just brilliant, and I have a ton of other items, yet they hardly get used at all.
Yeah, I love watching what people come up with... Some of the ideas are brilliant :)