Author Topic: When will SMFShop be updated to work on SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public?  (Read 5449 times)

Offline Gary G

I am in dire need of the SMFShop modification for more reasons then one; main;y for my own hosting service.

Is there any work being done on an upgrade/update? If anyone could help me out then it would be greatly appreciated. Time is money, so I must get this resolved and at least answered as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone! :)

Gary G :: The Freezing Owner :: Visit Me :: Contact

Offline Lew_Cipher

Re: When will SMFShop be updated to work on SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 02:49:27 am »
Hello? Can we please get a time frame for this upgrade? I can't go to SMF 2.0 on my forum until SMFShop works with it. I'd have a bunch of people ready to kill me if I did.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 06:30:19 pm »
I am currently using SMF 2.0 but without the SMF Shop which I need as well, just as much as humans need air to breath.

Can anyone, preferably Daniel, give us an answer please?! :-\

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 06:02:38 am »
The way database code is handled was changed in SMF 2.0, and thus its no simple to task to convert the code to work with it. If the shop is important to you, don't upgrade to 2.0. I am sure Daniel is busy with other stuff, and will work on upgrading everything when he gets a chance, but until them just sit tight and be glad we have a shop mod in the first place.  :D
Arrrrr!

Offline Gary G

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 06:02:51 pm »
That is true, and I guess we can be patient, however there is demand for SMF Shop to be released/upgraded to work with SMF 2.0, so shouldn't it be quite high on the priority list? I would believe so...

I am the owner of a hosting service and didn't think to check out whether SMF Shop worked with 2.0 before I upgraded. I have spoken to Daniel personally about this and he is unable to give me an estimation of when he is able to upgrade it; he has exams and what not which I understand as I too live in Australia.

Is there anyone else other then Daniel that is able to help out with the upgrade Basil Beard?

Offline Lew_Cipher

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 09:01:15 am »
We reeaaaaallly need SMF Shop for the SMF upgrade.  :-\

Offline Matthew Gall

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 01:35:28 am »
We reeaaaaallly need SMF Shop for the SMF upgrade.  :-\

As Basil said, be patient, hopefully Daniel will rewrite for the new version of SMF :D and in the meantime, don't upgrade to SMF 2.0

Offline mommyadmin

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 05:37:48 am »
Best of luck with exams.  Looking forward to the upgrade when completed.

Offline TimeVortex

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 07:06:41 am »
I just finished porting SMF Shop to SMF 2.0 Beta 4. I'll post a package in a few minutes. :)