Author Topic: SMFPets is Finally Here (0.1 out)  (Read 108251 times)

Offline David

Re: SMFPets is Finally Here (0.1 out)
« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2007, 10:05:44 am »
 I'm getting exactly the same problems as perplexed has reported...fair enough I can get around them the same way he will but I suspect that they may be php version related...I'm running on php5.2.1 and have quite a few undefined index and undefined constant errors in my error log. I've edited all the pet items to remove line 2 entirely and also one of the brackets at the end of each file so as to avoid a flurry of undefined constant reports from them but am left with reports as below:

Undefined index: shop_buy_message
File: /home/****/emptySMF/Sources/shop/Shop-Pets.php
Line: 146

Use of undefined constant skill - assumed 'skill'
File: /home/****/emptySMF/Sources/shop/pet_engine.php
Line: 481

Use of undefined constant petTemplate - assumed 'petTemplate'
File: /home/****/emptySMF/Sources/shop/pet_engine.php
Line: 33

Is it possible that the php version I'm running on is the cause of these errors and if so could some kind person point me towards a solution for them (or if they're really kind give me the fixed code...if you don't ask you don't get.)

BTW I'm using a test forum with nothing bar the shop and errors at top mods installed and haven't altered the files mentioned in the error log...running the pets upgrade too.

Thanks

Offline David

« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2007, 10:07:39 am »
You need to install the first pet version, THEN install 0.1, as it's an update.

It's still saying the package is corrupt. Is it a package where I have to just add the unzipped files to the pets directory and overwrite some files, or should it work in the forum package manager? I didn't see any instructions on the download page.

Forum package manager for both the original and the upgrade. Have you tried getting the packages via a different browser...that sometimes helps.

Offline Lady Ambrosia

« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2007, 11:23:42 am »
You need to install the first pet version, THEN install 0.1, as it's an update.

It's still saying the package is corrupt. Is it a package where I have to just add the unzipped files to the pets directory and overwrite some files, or should it work in the forum package manager? I didn't see any instructions on the download page.

Forum package manager for both the original and the upgrade. Have you tried getting the packages via a different browser...that sometimes helps.

Exactly what David here has said.  I have noticed that sometimes when downloading a mod package, from a different browser seems to help.
Ambrosia's Castle - My Personal Site
The Dark Castle - My Forum

Offline perplexed

« Reply #168 on: April 03, 2007, 09:42:37 am »
I have two pets

both are at happiness 20 and lack of hunger 20

however I just bought pet food for both of them and used it.  After I used it I got this message

pet 1 - - does *something* with the item, you are not exactly sure what and neither is fred2. But at least it's lack of hunger is now 84 and it's happiness 134!

Pet 2 - does *something* with the item, you are not exactly sure what and neither is fred. But at least it's lack of hunger is now 58 and it's happiness 108!

But when I look at both pets they both still say 20 and 20

Am I missing something?
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Offline inkstains

« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2007, 12:47:54 pm »
ummm which version of pets have you got? maybe you need to fix your food item

check this
http://www.daniel15.com/forum/index.php/topic,642.msg3485.html#msg3485

i've got all those errors in my logs as well but pets still works fine so not a real worry

Offline perplexed

« Reply #170 on: April 04, 2007, 06:24:56 pm »
the errors arent in the log - actually  Ihavent looked in the log - that is what I see in pet central despite what the message said its supposed to have done to them

I will go look at the other thread

Offline perplexed

« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2007, 08:40:26 pm »
I have two pets

both are at happiness 20 and lack of hunger 20

however I just bought pet food for both of them and used it.  After I used it I got this message

pet 1 - - does *something* with the item, you are not exactly sure what and neither is fred2. But at least it's lack of hunger is now 84 and it's happiness 134!

Pet 2 - does *something* with the item, you are not exactly sure what and neither is fred. But at least it's lack of hunger is now 58 and it's happiness 108!

But when I look at both pets they both still say 20 and 20

Am I missing something?

sorry, lots of questions:

1.  It's definitely not updating the hunger / happiness thing, as now two days later  one pet says happiness 18 hunger 17 and the other happiness 17  hunger 18

I didnt look at them again since I posted the above message when they were both at 20 /20, so that bit makes sense I guess, but what happened to the hunger/happiness they both got for eating the food?    *see above*

2.  Also, I don't have a view pet's link in profiles or posts - am I supposed to?  How do other people see your pets or know you have one?

3. Also (sorry) but could someone/has someone written a instruction guide for members?  Just something basic explaining what to do with your pet and how things work? As I can see people getting confused and I'm not sure how it all works.

4. Sorry, one more...  when you put your pet on a course and it tells you to check back at whatever time.  What time is it using?
It's definitely not using the forum time as its 12:38pm here and it told me to check back at 12:04pm 4th April.
Does it use the time where the server is located perhaps?  If so, can I change it to forum time or something because that's really going to confuse people.

sorry for all the questions

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #172 on: April 04, 2007, 10:50:01 pm »
I donno what is up with food. I havn't had a lot of free time lately, but hopefully will be able to make some time to fix some of the bugs people have been having.

View pets links are not in posts yet. They should be in the profile though, providedyou use the default theme.

So the time is a little off. Because I used m(month) for minutes(should be an i). I thought I had fixed that with 0.1 though o_0
Arrrrr!

Offline perplexed

« Reply #173 on: April 04, 2007, 10:56:04 pm »
I am using the version with 0.1 upgrade and the time is definitely off but I wasnt sure if it was a time diff thing with the server or a problem with the pets

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #174 on: April 09, 2007, 11:40:39 pm »
Like i said it was fine until I went to use it the first time.  I had just purchased the pet and went to use a skill.  It gave me a message saying something like I wasnt trained enough to use it, and it disappeared, so I went to train the animal.  Well I have purchased a couple more animals and now they come with out it to begin with.

If possible, would it be possible to get someone to give me a clean copy of the Pet-Shops and the pet_engine files?  I have done the 0.1 update, so i know that is good.  TY

Sorry I have been away for so long...Littleone, When you bring up your pets and the skill list is missing, do any errors show up in your error log?
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

Offline sasafetch

« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2007, 11:41:18 am »
Get the following error when trying to level up my pet:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's cool, and he's blue.',
hunger = 10,
age = 0,
' at line 7
File: /home/ninjasan/public_html/forum/Sources/shop/pet_engine.php
Line: 298

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.2, while your database is at version 1.1.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Offline sasafetch

« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2007, 11:43:06 am »
Never mind, figured it out.  On the other hand, I do have a problem where my pet's image won't show up after I buy it.  He shows up in the shop, but when i buy it and go to the center to train him and see his stats it just says his name.  What's wrong with that?

Offline inkstains

« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2007, 02:21:59 pm »
Never mind, figured it out.  On the other hand, I do have a problem where my pet's image won't show up after I buy it.  He shows up in the shop, but when i buy it and go to the center to train him and see his stats it just says his name.  What's wrong with that?

a few pages back in this thread there is a fix for this

Offline sasafetch

« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2007, 04:37:45 pm »
I figured it out, but now I have a problem when trying to feed a hungry pet with the food item.  I get the following error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE pet_id = 3 AND ownerid = 1' at line 1
File: /home/ninjasan/public_html/forum/Sources/shop/items/Food.php
Line: 82

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.2, while your database is at version 1.1.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

The pet has a hunger level of 9 and the item is supposed to increase it by 10.  What's wrong?  Why do I get a database crash here?

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2007, 12:38:29 am »
I donno. Food works fine for me. Which version of the food are you using?
Arrrrr!