Author Topic: Questions about Shop mod  (Read 6508 times)

Offline geezmo

Questions about Shop mod
« on: May 06, 2006, 05:46:46 am »
I've got two questions:

1. How can I reset the points of all members? I've looked around and cannot find a "Reset" button that will set all credits back to zero.

2. Is there a way for the credits to be deducted if, say the thread or the post of a member has been deleted. I found out the Shop mod gives credits whenver a topic or post is made but it does not take it back when the topic/post is deleted. I had a spammer member who made 10 topics and earned 100 credits instantly. He even bought and used the "Make a topic sticky" item and afterwards our mods had a hard time deleting all of his posts. Is there a way then for the credits to be deducted if the topic/post were deleted?

Offline Basil Beard

Re: Questions about Shop mod
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 05:50:16 am »
Actually, there is a part of the code that removes credits, at least when YOU delete your own posts. Not sure about mod deleted, but if its not there it wouldn't be hard to code.

Resetting the points of all members would just take a quick simply db_query. Something like

Code: [Select]
result = $db_query("UPDATE {$db_prefix}members
                                     SET money = 0", __FILE__, __LINE__);
Arrrrr!

Offline geezmo

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 06:01:11 am »
iT's not there, since my mods deleted the spammer's posts and still he's one of the richest members of the forum :D

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 06:04:56 am »
Strange. You can reset his points manaully by going to the admin place, and then Members' Inventory, and from there type in his username and give him -1000 points or something =).
Arrrrr!

Offline geezmo

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 06:08:55 am »
Yup, that's what I did. But I'm concerned about other spammers like him. You mentioned that credits are deducted when a person deletes a post, but what if my mods deleted it? In my forum's case as I said the points didn't get deducted, so I hope this can be coded into the script.

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 08:38:02 am »
Really isn't a whole lot you can do. I've seen spammers like that on every form that has a shop mod. It comes with having a shop of your forum.
Arrrrr!

Offline geezmo

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 08:58:14 am »
Ok, I just hope this should be included in the next version of the Shop mod, or if there's some codes I can add right now, let me know.

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 10:03:37 am »
Sorry, I shall take a look at this when I have more free time.
I think the phpBB shop mod suffers from the same problem, although I could be wrong :P

Anyway, to reset everyone to 0, run this SQL statement in phpMyAdmin:
Code: [Select]
UPDATE smf_members SET money = 0

Offline SKETCHi

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 07:39:12 am »
Do you really want to reset EVERYONE? That sounds like a really bad idea... a lot of people will be upset...

You should keep an eye out for spammers, and ban them. When you ban a user, there is an option to remove all topics and posts by that user.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:40:43 am by SKETCHi »

Offline geezmo

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 12:23:26 am »
In order to keep things fair (new members to catch up with the points of the old members), it's a good idea to prune the points say every 6 months. That's what I do with my forum.

Offline tazpot

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 07:29:56 pm »
Why not use the armaggedon item and remove the credits that way giving all members the chance to wipe the slate clean >:D
or if you just want it so only you can reset them then make the armaggedon price out of reach of everyone except admin O0