Author Topic: My Ideas for SMF Shop Mod  (Read 4011 times)

Offline akulion

My Ideas for SMF Shop Mod
« on: May 25, 2006, 06:00:27 pm »
Hi  >:D

I have a couple of ideas which I hope you guys will like and decide to develop.

They are as follows:

Membermap Item
This would be compatible with google membermap mod available at SMF - so that IF a user puts their pin on the membermap they can gain a certain number of credits. It would benefit a forum system so that more members are encouraged to post their pins on the map, so it dosent look empty.

Alternatively - a user could instead buy a pin to place on the member map (and there could be a range of images available for use on the map)

Signature Purchase
Here we can have 3 options:
i) A user can purchase the allowance to have a signature to begin with (by default they cant have signatures)
ii) A user can purchase the ability to also include an image in their signature (as opposed to a plain text signature)
iii) Finally a user can additionally add a link to their signature

Arcade
A member here can either purchase the access to arcade
OR
A member earns points for getting a highscroe in the arcade
This ofcourse would have to be compatible with SMF Arcade mod available in SMF

Additional  Profile Custom Items
Just like the cool flags already available and the pets being worked on - a member could buy other items as well like a "transport" scoter, plane, car all cost a bit different.
OR
Even buy Icons with cool slogans or religion icons or other such sort of icons

-------------------------------------------------------------------

These are all the suggestions I have. I hope they will help you make this mod even better for future releases :)

Aku  >:D

Offline Basil Beard

Re: My Ideas for SMF Shop Mod
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 10:05:57 pm »
Membermap Item
This would be compatible with google membermap mod available at SMF - so that IF a user puts their pin on the membermap they can gain a certain number of credits. It would benefit a forum system so that more members are encouraged to post their pins on the map, so it dosent look empty.

Alternatively - a user could instead buy a pin to place on the member map (and there could be a range of images available for use on the map)
Shouldn't be that hard, depending on how the member map works.
Signature Purchase
Here we can have 3 options:
i) A user can purchase the allowance to have a signature to begin with (by default they cant have signatures)
ii) A user can purchase the ability to also include an image in their signature (as opposed to a plain text signature)
iii) Finally a user can additionally add a link to their signature
Very do-able, but you would need to change the code in alot of places.
[qoute]
Arcade
A member here can either purchase the access to arcade
OR
A member earns points for getting a highscroe in the arcade
This ofcourse would have to be compatible with SMF Arcade mod available in SMF
[/qoute]
I havn't looked at the SMF Arcade to see how it works, but this should also be doable.

Additional  Profile Custom Items
Just like the cool flags already available and the pets being worked on - a member could buy other items as well like a "transport" scoter, plane, car all cost a bit different.
OR
Even buy Icons with cool slogans or religion icons or other such sort of icons
Already done. Just add the scooter to the flags folder and rename the flags item.
Arrrrr!

Offline akulion

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 10:24:18 pm »
Already done. Just add the scooter to the flags folder and rename the flags item.

but wouldnt that replace the flags in the ppst profile?

Is there an easy way of adding additional items in the profile post without getting rid of the flags and stuff?

Sorry if im a bit slow in pickin up but its my first day with the mod installed :D

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 01:52:14 am »
You want both the flags and something else? If you did that, you would probably have to add extra folders and change the flag code around a little.
Arrrrr!

Offline akulion

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 09:30:58 pm »
oki doki ill experiment around - ive been trying to follow the tutorial here - ill probably get it sooner or later :D thanks

Offline navjotjsingh

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 06:08:08 pm »
Yeah even I would love to have SMF Arcade Integrated with Shop Mod but in such a way that if a user can hold high scores for certain no. of days then only he will earn the credits.