Author Topic: Is there code for an item that gives users access to restricted boards/groups?  (Read 5104 times)

Offline bipsmith

I have restricted boards that I've had to give users manual access to. I would love an item that automatically changes their member group to be able to access new boards. Is this possible?

Someone has to have thought of this and coded it before. Is there someone that can help me?

Offline Daniel15

So, you want an item that gives a member access to a specific forum? I may be able to code this, but I can't promise anything.
Other than that, there are a few members on this forum that know how to make items. They might be able to help you.

Offline SKETCHi

Hmm.. I kind of like the idea, but I've been so busy lately I don't know if I will ever be able to make the item heh. I'm not going to promise anything, but maybe I can make it :D.

Offline bipsmith

If you could make it, I would love it!

I have an active forum of 250 members that has gotten 50,000 posts in the past 8 months. They love all the special and hidden boards, but I have to give them access manually when they buy items.

Offline animecosmo

I'd love this mod, too! Hidden boards are always a draw to people. LOL. People cannot get over their curiosity.

Offline bipsmith

I really think this would be  a popular item.

I'd like to work with someone to make it.

Offline bipsmith

Has anyone made this item yet?

I'm dying here!

Offline chadk

You could easily write this.  Give me an hour and I'll be back with this item for you.

lol this took longer than I thought (editted 10 minutes to 1 hour).  Oh well, it was fun.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 11:24:45 pm by chadk »

Offline chadk

testing it now

Offline chadk

Here you go, don't say we never did anything for you ;)
Save the file as "BuyMembergroup.php" in your Sources\shop\items directory.
Pay attention to the line: "$shophistoryID=98;//Set this to 0 if you don't have a shop history forum"  You need to mark this 98 as a 0 if you don't use the ShowHistory forum.. if you don't know what that is, make this a 0. ;)

http://www.daniel15.com/forum/index.php/topic,369.new.html
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 11:24:03 pm by chadk »