Author Topic: How to uninstall after updates?  (Read 2411 times)

Offline JRSofty

How to uninstall after updates?
« on: July 31, 2006, 10:05:29 pm »
Hi,

It seems another package has broken my SMFShop and I would like to uninstall - re-install. However I originally installed a fresh 2.0 version and have upgraded once to 2.1 and then to 2.2 and now when I attempt to uninstall it won't let me because the packages for 2.1 and 2.2 have no uninstall items.

I'm using SMF 1.1 RC2

Offline mikedats

Re: How to uninstall after updates?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 10:13:55 pm »
dido.

i cant uninstall mine...shop mod doesnt even show up in package manager, but its still active. hows that? i just want to do a fresh instal again...im having a hard time removing the shop though.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 10:17:55 pm by mikedats »

Offline JRSofty

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 10:39:45 pm »
Hmm It looks like I'm going to back up my topics and users and drop the whole forum and re-install :(

Offline JRSofty

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 06:55:37 pm »
The reason I had to drop the forum wasn't because of SMFShop. Apparently some of the other packages I had installed made a major mess of some of my SMF Core files. I have finally determined the PM Online Moderators and Administrators on Message Report package does not play well with SMFShop. With PM Online Moderators installed SMFShop only gives me a white screen when a user accesses the shop. However, once removed the SMFShop works just fine.

I would suggest that someone place a mention in the read me that these two do not work well together.

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 10:23:02 pm »
I would suggest that someone place a mention in the read me that these two do not work well together.
Maybe I should test it further (I have various testing installations of SMF, some as old as SMF 1.0 Beta 6 Public :P)

However I originally installed a fresh 2.0 version and have upgraded once to 2.1 and then to 2.2 and now when I attempt to uninstall it won't let me because the packages for 2.1 and 2.2 have no uninstall items.
Deleting the two updates, and then uninstalling SMFShop should work (however, not tested by me). Usually, the updates only change SMFShop files, and not the database...