Author Topic: Easy way to deduct points?  (Read 5605 times)

Offline scrappy

Easy way to deduct points?
« on: February 01, 2007, 10:22:15 am »
I have SMF shop on my site and I use it to encourage members to post and participate in as much as we have going on as possible.  Each topic and new post receive points automatically of course, but I even keep track of members who upload to our gallery and "win" competitions etc and I add their points manually.  At the end of each month, the member with the most points wins a small prize from me.

To make it fair on other members, and to those who may not chat as much  ::), I would like to deduct an amount of points as a one-off thing, most likely only once a month.  If I enter in the negative amount when "sending" someone points, it doesn't allow me to do that (and says I'm stealing  ;)).

Any ideas?  Thanks! 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 10:24:10 am by scrappy »

Offline scrappy

Re: Easy way to deduct points?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 04:00:08 pm »
*bump*

Offline feeble

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 08:27:27 pm »
i dont understand sorry

who are you deducting from? and cant you just alter users money totals in smfshops admin

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 01:54:56 pm »
If you're subtracting credits from only one user, use the "Members' Inventory". Type the members name into the box, and click on "Next -->". It will show you all their inventory items, and the amount of money they have. Simply edit the amount :)

To subtract an amount from everyone, phpMyAdmin can help you. Run this query in phpMyAdmin (via the SQL tab):
Code: [Select]
UPDATE smf_members SET money = money - 50
Change '50' to the amount you'd like to subtract :)

Offline scrappy

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 05:53:33 am »
DOUBLE BUMP!!

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 06:15:58 pm »
Did you see my post above? :\. If we didn't answer this question properly, please elaborate.

Offline pass25

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 04:58:31 am »
Hi,

At first, sorry if my english is not very good, but i am portuguese.

What i hould like to do is.
Everythime a user sees a post, it il deduce for example 10 credits.
It´s there a way to do this?

Thank´s