Author Topic: CronJob: How To?  (Read 4136 times)

Offline FeDe.RuLeZ

CronJob: How To?
« on: March 09, 2008, 04:42:27 am »
Hi, i'm italian.
I have a site on a free host that support Cronjob.. I cant do a cronjob because i dont know how i can do it..

This is the screenshot of the "cronjobs" screen in my admin panel of the free host

Offline Faust

Re: CronJob: How To?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 02:17:41 pm »
What do you want to run via the cronjob ?

Offline FeDe.RuLeZ

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 06:10:17 pm »
bank interest

Offline FeDe.RuLeZ

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 06:02:01 am »
please help me

Offline Faust

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 05:36:33 pm »
In where it says define file to run you have to add the following:
/whereyouinstalledsmf/Sources/shop/dointerest.php > /whereyouinstalledsmf/interest_log.htm

replace whereyouinstalledsmf with the directory where you installed smf if you did install it in a different directory, you can go see in admin, server settings, SMF Directory.

Tick execute file at this time:
and select from Days of the week if you want to calculate interest on a certain day of the week, else you can do it on a specific day of the month you like, or even worse do it once a year by selecting a Month.
Then I think you just need to click on schedule to run schedule it.

You should be able to see the interest log by typing your url/whereyouinstalledsmf/interest_log.htm

Offline FeDe.RuLeZ

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 10:43:34 pm »
ok i have try
i hope that all work..:)

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 11:51:30 am »
If that doesn't work, grab the script from http://www.daniel15.com/forum/index.php/topic,31.0.html, give it a random name like dointerest2342351.php (so other members can't run it), then put it in your forum's directory. In the "define file to run" box, enter in the name of the file.