Author Topic: Can SMF Shop do this ?  (Read 3843 times)

Offline Vinspire

Can SMF Shop do this ?
« on: May 12, 2006, 02:34:46 pm »
Can SMF shop do this ? Sell avatar or inventory ...

Offline tazpot

Re: Can SMF Shop do this ?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 06:54:34 pm »
Some yes and some no

Change username, username colour, glowing username can all be done ( see the new items posts )

as for the pictures you can have whatever images you want displayed in the shop but depending on what you want it to do depends on what item the image was for i.e if you want a monkey that has no pupose other than to look good in someones inventory then use a mokey image for rock item and change the name to monkey. If you wanted the monkey to show in a users profile next to their posts you would have to add the 'flag' mod and upload a monkey image to the appropriate folder.

New items are always being created and there is even a very good tutorial on how to create your own by Basilbeard so you should have a look there as i did and created my own Karma bash item (used to knock Karma off other members) which was my first ever attempt at any sort of code writting.   :)

Offline Vinspire

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 12:19:21 pm »
I c. Thanks tazpot. Was new to SMF Shop and wanted to get the fastest info about it :)

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 12:36:54 pm »
Erm, what exactly all you looking for? Buyable avatars? You could probably do that. Forum Access wouldn't be very hard to code. All those other stuff pretty much exist.
Arrrrr!

Offline Vinspire

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 05:51:18 pm »
Erm, what exactly all you looking for? Buyable avatars? You could probably do that. Forum Access wouldn't be very hard to code. All those other stuff pretty much exist.

Nvm Basil. I've gotten the answer :)

Will look into the tutorial on how to create the new item which is written by you.

Thread close for now and great thanks to everyone who has made SMF a better forum software :)