Author Topic: Buying more than one of the same item at a time?  (Read 3947 times)

Offline JRSofty

Buying more than one of the same item at a time?
« on: March 07, 2007, 08:57:47 pm »
I was wondering if this is possible and if not can it be possible in the future.

Basically I would like to give the user a chance to buy say 3 times change other user's display name (if there are three in stock, and they have enough money). The current way of buying the item and then going back and buying it again and then going back and buying it a third time really seems to be a bit of a waste.

Offline Daniel15

Re: Buying more than one of the same item at a time?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 09:53:41 am »
Nice idea, I'll see if I can implement this...

What do you reckon is the best way to do this? Just have an input box next to each Buy Now link, where the user can type a number?

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 12:26:31 pm »
On an IPBShop on a forum I once visited, there were numerical links for how much you wanted to buy(It was like, 1,3 5 or 10). Text boxes would get messy--I think giving a few options like that would be just fine.
Arrrrr!

Offline JRSofty

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 02:07:30 pm »
Actually I like the idea of a text box as it is simple solution. I don't know if a dropdown box would work that well.

Offline Lew_Cipher

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 02:33:33 am »
Actually I like the idea of a text box as it is simple solution. I don't know if a dropdown box would work that well.

Text box would rock. It would also be faster. On my board when you have credits in pocket to buy shop items, the sharks are always looking to steal. Having to buy one item at a time exposes your pocket credits for a long time & usually results in a theft.

Offline Lew_Cipher

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 12:55:26 am »
bump