Author Topic: Award points only for posts in certain folders  (Read 3998 times)

Offline geezmo

Award points only for posts in certain folders
« on: May 06, 2006, 02:58:43 am »
I noticed that the Mod Shop awards points for all posts and topics posted in the forum. However, some people use the Advertising folder in my forum to jack up their posts. They don't post anything valuable but since they post a lot in the Advertising folder, they gain a lot of points. Is there a way for the Shop Mod to count only posts in specific folders.

Or the points can also match the total Number of Posts counted by the forum since here, we can control which posts the forum will count.

Offline tazpot

Re: Award points only for posts in certain folders
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 05:45:23 am »
To solve this you need to modify your boards to not allow points in certian places

Go to  admin - boards -  then choose the board you want to stop points working on and click modify, at the bottom of the page you will then see  'Count Shop Points'  simply deselect that . 8)

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 05:51:38 am »
Yup. Or do what I did and make it so that each board gives its own amount of points per post :-P. But that takes coding, and I don't remember exactly how I went about it.
Arrrrr!

Offline geezmo

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 06:02:44 am »
So there it is! Found it, thanks guys!

Offline geezmo

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 06:06:23 am »
Edit: Waaah! Something's wrong. I un-checked that option then clicked "Modify" but when I return to that board to check its permissions, the check mark is there again. I tried it several times but the check mark keeps on returning. What gives?

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 10:05:13 am »
That's a known problem if you're using SMF 1.1 RC2. Please see http://www.daniel15.com/forum/index.php?topic=105.0 for the solution.

Offline geezmo

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 10:40:18 am »
It worked! Thanks!