Author Topic: Adding Items  (Read 6253 times)

Offline KPDub

Adding Items
« on: April 01, 2008, 03:27:40 am »
Prob gonna get shouted at for this  :(

But how do I add items to the shop???  Is it as simple as using myphpadmin and editing the smf_shop_items table??

Please be gentle  :)

Offline Maky

Re: Adding Items
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 04:32:06 am »
u made an item?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 05:22:04 am by Maky »

Offline Maky

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 04:48:02 am »
cmon man tell me did u make the item and functions what the item will do  ::)

Offline Maky

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 04:51:47 am »
wtf , if u wanna to get help then answer on my question  :tickedoff:

Offline KPDub

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 05:09:03 am »
No haven't made any items per se, just wanted to add a list of things, is it possible?

My idea anyway for the items are "team franchises".

As I run a gaming site and we run FIFA / NHL /NFL etc comps, there is always a problem about who uses what team.

This way, the "Franchise" is used as a one off item per team in the shop, members can buy one to either play with in the leagues or let someone else use them (for a cost).  They can then trade / sell them later if they want to.

Anyway, just wanted to be able to add the teams (a lot of teams) and team logos if possible  :crazy2:

Offline Maky

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 05:20:50 am »
1.It is possible 2.U need to know a lot of php to make it(i mean for ur item, but if ur creating a item when a member use it and it will add him 100 karma that's not so difficult) 3.Anyway u can trade or gift someone an item cuz there's a option in shop menu
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 05:26:42 am by Maky »

Offline KPDub

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 06:33:12 am »
Okay, so basically the answer is you can't add them by amending the database through PHPadmin  :D

Offline Maky

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 04:59:43 am »
yup  :crazy2:

Offline KPDub

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 03:41:55 pm »
Figured it out - so obvious really.  :idiot2:

As i don't need the items to do anything, I can just use Daniels Test Item to start it, then put in the details from there

Offline Rebel.EC|d

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 03:13:05 pm »
Ok I would like to know something further on this one. At the moment I am using Daniel's test item but I don't like how it says "this is a test item" when it gets used.

So, how do I go about making an item? I don't know much at all about php but I am resourceful and can figure things out as needed. Let me explain the item I want to create so you know best how to help me out.

Item: 1 on 1 Graphics Training.
Use: When this Item is used I should be notified. Either a note that the buyer PM me with a certain "coupon code" or what ever... unless the item can pm me when its used.

That's about it. Something simple but not saying "This is a test item".

Thoughts?

Offline arcanine

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 05:36:59 am »
you should find items that pm users and check the php code it uses and
modify a copy of the test item to do the same thing