Author Topic: A couple problems  (Read 3791 times)

Offline George

A couple problems
« on: August 04, 2006, 07:03:52 am »
I've got SMF Shop 2.2 running on SMF 1.1 RC2 and I've been trying to figure out a couple problems I'm having.

First, the send money to x link on the posts doesn't work. It takes you to the send money page but it doesn't fill in the member name box.

Second, when using the Find Member link, if you click on the username it doesn't automatically insert it, I didn't know if it was supposed to do this or not...

Third, members only get blank PMs when someone sends them money, even when people type out messages.

What did I do wrong?

Offline George

Re: A couple problems
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 07:12:04 am »
I got the first and the third figured out. Still clueless on the second.

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 09:48:18 pm »
Second, when using the Find Member link, if you click on the username it doesn't automatically insert it, I didn't know if it was supposed to do this or not.
Indeed, it's meant to insert the name. Where are you experiencing this (the Find Member link is used in various places)?

Offline War Chief

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 02:23:53 am »
I too am experiencing this problem. This occurs any time when you insert a members name (e.g. to increase their karma). I spot two problems which are:

If you choose a user name which doesn't exist, it says "you have given xxx karma to xxx" or whatever when in fact nothing happens.

Secondly, in my forum, people are known by their Display Name and not their User Name so if you enter the display name, it may say it has worked but it hasn't because the script uses the user name.

However, it is the best SMF script out there!  O0

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 08:11:29 pm »
Very interesting... In my testing, the 'Find Members' button appears to work properly, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you :S Have you tried a different web browser (Opera/Firefox/Internet Explorer)?

Secondly, in my forum, people are known by their Display Name and not their User Name so if you enter the display name, it may say it has worked but it hasn't because the script uses the user name.
That's why the 'Find Members' button is good. If you search for a member's Display Name, and click on it, it will insert their Username into the box.

Offline inkstains

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 11:00:21 am »
Very interesting... In my testing, the 'Find Members' button appears to work properly, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you :S Have you tried a different web browser (Opera/Firefox/Internet Explorer)?

That's why the 'Find Members' button is good. If you search for a member's Display Name, and click on it, it will insert their Username into the box.

is there another way to make it work for display name and user name?

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 09:43:12 am »

is there another way to make it work for display name and user name?

I could make SMFShop accept the display name, I guess...
However, the "Find Members" popup always seems to put the username in the box, and I don't believe I can change this. So, you wouldn't be able to use the Find Members popup to insert the display name into the box.