Author Topic: Requesting a fix for a major way of rapidly gaining credits.  (Read 3541 times)

Offline Pure

Requesting a fix for a major way of rapidly gaining credits.
« on: March 20, 2007, 10:31:47 am »
Hey people.

Well it was pointed out to me today that there is a way of rapidly increasing your credit total with little effort.

A user would post a message with as many words as they could and instantly delete it afterwards. But the credits they gained from it would remain. Then just keep repeating and you can gain thousands in seconds. Luckily the person who let me know about this is a trusted guy and hasn't exploited it.

So I was wondering if you could create a fix for this. I have a few ideas of how to do this.

I would imagine setting something up similar to the post count were if you delete a message, the post count decreases.
However, instead of having it set constantly, have it only active for about an hour after the message has been posted.
So if somebody posted a load of words and tried to delte it within the hour, the credits would get delted too.
It would also give the admins time to see what's going on.

I hope you're following me with this and could perhaps work something out.

Cheers guys. O0

Peace, Lance

Offline Lady Ambrosia

Re: Requesting a fix for a major way of rapidly gaining credits.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 03:26:30 pm »
I don't know about a fix through shop, but I do know that you can set the MemberGroup Permissions to where they can't delete their own post.  That's how I have my forum set up.
Ambrosia's Castle - My Personal Site
The Dark Castle - My Forum

Offline inkstains

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 05:24:44 pm »
this has been addressed here though i don't think it's been rectified yet

http://www.daniel15.com/forum/index.php/topic,553.0.html

there is also a fix offered after this post i believe though i don't think it works 100% it will remove credits on post delete but not all the credits the member recieved for the post

http://www.daniel15.com/forum/index.php/topic,525.msg2726.html#msg2726

good luck

Offline xfollowthereaperx

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 05:10:19 pm »
Only thing is, once the member deletes the post, if they have zero credits would it go into the negativities?

I think Daniel15, once he has time, should set something up so that the member loses all their items or something. It would make things more interesting :3

Offline Pure

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 04:15:57 am »
Avoiding the 0 credits thing would be simple enough to solve. Just add a couple of IF statements in there.

Thanks for the replies guys. I have currently disbaled post deletion but I would still like a fix because I want my users to be able to delete their posts.

Cheers peoples. :)

Peace, Lance

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 11:28:57 am »
A user would post a message with as many words as they could and instantly delete it afterwards. But the credits they gained from it would remain.
It should  currently remove the basic points, however, the bonuses aren't removed yet. I'll work on this as soon as possible.