Author Topic: Latest development code for Beta testers!  (Read 15793 times)

Offline Daniel15

Latest development code for Beta testers!
« on: July 08, 2006, 07:43:58 pm »
NOTE: The development code may not be stable, and should NOT be used in a production environment! Please use this on a fresh install ONLY
Does anyone want to beta test the latest development code for SMFShop? I've set up an SVN repository so that you can easily get the latest development code.

Ok, to get the code, you'll need a program called 'TortoiseSVN'. Once you install TortoiseSVN, you'll need to restart your computer (as it installs itself as a shell extension). Once you've restarted, create a new folder (anywhere on your computer, maybe in your My Documents folder, or on the Desktop?). Then, right-click the file, and you should see some TortoiseSVN options. Click on the 'SVN Checkout' option

Then, you'll need to input the path to the SMFShop repository. In the 'URL of repository' textbox, please put: http://dev.dansoftaustralia.net/svn/smfshop/trunk/. Finally, click on 'OK'.

Congratulations! You now have the latest testing code! If you add this code to a ZIP file, you should be able to install it using the SMF package manager. If that fails, the changes are documented in the svn_changelog.txt file, so you can get the released version, install it, and then update it yourself (manually).

Additionally, if I release some newer testing code, and you want to upgrade your code to the very latest, then just right-click on the folder and choose 'SVN Update'. This will check for updates, and download any changed files. Please check the svn_changelog.txt for all the details on what I've changed.

Another good thing about SVN is the nice web interface. If you go to http://dev.dansoftaustralia.net/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/?root=smfshop , you'll see the web interface for this SVN repository. From this interface, you can see all the files in the repository, and what changed have been done to them. To see a 'diff' (basically, show the difference between two versions), then click on the file you want to see, and then choose 'Diff to previous x' at  the top of the page. You can also see the difference between two different revisions, by using the textboxes and buttons at the bottom of the page...

Have fun!

Updated 19th August 2006: Changed URL to new one.
Updated 8th April 2007: Changed URL again
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 11:23:13 am by Daniel15 »

Offline TheGamer

Re: Latest development code for Beta testers!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 04:44:59 am »
Installed on fresh smf installation. Works good! :) The full version should contain new items though.

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 11:12:26 am »
So there's no bugs with it? :D

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, if you change any bit of the code (to fix a bug, or add a new feature, or something), you can get a 'patch' which can be sent to me. This is good, as people can fix bugs, and then send me a patch so I can apply it to my code :D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 11:14:05 am by daniel15 »

Offline TheGamer

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 01:40:03 pm »
No. No bugs that I saw. I didn't mess with it for an overly long time, but I saw nothing.

Offline tapirul

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 01:28:34 am »
can you tell us what's new? that is, before we download and try...
thanks

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 02:38:15 pm »
can you tell us what's new? that is, before we download and try...
Well, once you download it, check the svn_changelog.txt file. Otherwise, try looking at http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/smfmods/smfshop/trunk/svn_changelog.txt
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 02:41:38 pm by daniel15 »

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 04:58:04 pm »
I updated this post just now, to change the URL to the new one.
You can see the latest changelog at http://server.daniel15.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/smfshop/trunk/svn_changelog.txt. At the moment, there is no difference between SMFShop 2.2, and the development version.

Offline tacticalpenguin

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 12:11:45 am »
Or if you have cygwin setup you can just run the bash shell and type in svn co http://server.daniel15.com/svn/smfshop/trunk/ like I did and not jhave to install turtlesvn. Then again you need a pretty good reason to have cygwin because it takes a few hours to install.

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 09:17:40 am »
Yeah, I have Cygwin as well....
But, I sometimes use Linux now (I always use it on my laptop), so I just use the Bash shell in Linux :D

Offline Layla Gaunson

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 06:01:29 pm »
awesome! one of the best download manager in linux! i hope we can get addon firefox without flashget like chrome