Author Topic: Simple Button Request for Black Metal theme.  (Read 6045 times)

Offline żεχเ๏ภ

Simple Button Request for Black Metal theme.
« on: December 06, 2010, 03:33:57 pm »
Index.template.php file attached (as "index.template.txt" won't let me attach .php files  ::)), I just want the simple "Shop" button added to the navigation menu on this theme (Black Metal) for me. Next to "Arcade" and "My Messages" would be nice but it really doesn't matter.
(This is SMF 1.1.12)

Thanks loads,

Jason

Offline hcfwesker

Re: Simple Button Request for Black Metal theme.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 05:16:35 pm »
Can you set the black Metal theme as default, and link me to your site.  Does the site have custom images in the menu, or are they text?  I have your file, and making the edits.

EDIT:   NM, i see what you want.  gimme a few minues.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 05:22:58 pm by hcfwesker »

Offline hcfwesker

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 05:27:41 pm »
I seen how the buttons worked on black metal, now, test this out on your forum.

I simply copied the button info for arcade, but made the changes to link to the shop.

Original Shop button code
Code: [Select]
//Begin SMFShop code
//loadLanguage("shop");
echo ($current_action == 'shop' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'shop' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=shop">Shop</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'shop' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';
//END SMFShop code

Edit to match other buttons for your theme
Code: [Select]
// Shop Button
echo '<li><a' , $current_action=='shop' ? ' class="current"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl, '?action=shop"><span>Shop</span></a></li>';
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 05:31:11 pm by hcfwesker »

Offline żεχเ๏ภ

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 04:41:57 am »
Thanks so much for replying and helping me.  :) Sadly though, there is a problem...

http://mainmedia.negative0.net/forum/

^That's what I get.

OK, my bad. I uploaded your attached index.template.php when I should've just changed the code myself. (Confusing yes)

Thanks for your help!  :) works great
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 05:37:36 am by Adjacent »

Offline hcfwesker

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 01:52:03 am »
Yeah, i forgot to mention, i uploaded 2 versions of the shop button for you, and wanted to see which would work best.  But, I posted the edits as well, in case you wanted to try the edit yourself.  :)

Glad it's working.

Offline żεχเ๏ภ

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 09:11:39 am »
Yeah, i forgot to mention, i uploaded 2 versions of the shop button for you, and wanted to see which would work best.  But, I posted the edits as well, in case you wanted to try the edit yourself.  :)

Glad it's working.

Me too ^_^

Offline mgelinas

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 04:21:33 pm »
I simply copied the button info for arcade, but made the changes to link to the shop.

Offline Janleex0

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 02:33:19 pm »
It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently.