Author Topic: Limited Carrying Items  (Read 5163 times)

Abangyarudo

Limited Carrying Items
« on: September 02, 2007, 08:58:27 am »
I saw there was a limited carrying items mod but seemingly it does not conform to smf coding guidelines so I really don't want to take a chance on it is there another mod that does conform to the guidelines which would add that functionality.

Offline Daniel15

Re: Limited Carrying Items
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 12:47:17 pm »
You should wait for feildmaster to update his one to conform to the guidelines.
Of course, I don't think this would ever happen, as he doesn't appear to like listening to me or my suggestions (look at his quote in my signature :P).
You could always wait for someone else to write a similar mod.
I would, but I don't have much free time at the moment.

Offline feildmaster

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 10:14:54 am »
do you want to know why every single one doesn't have "<![CDATA["???

It's because the code simply wont WORK if it DOES have that code! There! You have it! It took me 2 days to package that mod now stop telling me to "fix" it! It works fine! maybe it's YOUR parser that doesn't work! It installs fine and works great!

Abangyarudo

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 07:40:31 am »
do you want to know why every single one doesn't have "<![CDATA["???

It's because the code simply wont WORK if it DOES have that code! There! You have it! It took me 2 days to package that mod now stop telling me to "fix" it! It works fine! maybe it's YOUR parser that doesn't work! It installs fine and works great!

it was of my question about making a smf guidelined mod he didn't even "tell" you to fix it. He was merely addressing my question and my apologies but if it doesn't conform to the guidelines of smf. Which is the people who created the software for the forum then I really don't want to take the chance of screwing up a forum with a code that could possibly cause problems. I'm not a person who is that capable of fixing any issue that could arise of it.

Offline feildmaster

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 01:07:23 pm »
w/e... if u don't want to trust my word or the ppl that have used it then fine. wait for someone else to make it. but i would like to see someone make it exactly like i have it and have it 100% "error free". there is just no such thing as that...

as for problems, if you backup-ed your files u could easily replace them.

Abangyarudo

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 05:25:01 am »
w/e... if u don't want to trust my word or the ppl that have used it then fine. wait for someone else to make it. but i would like to see someone make it exactly like i have it and have it 100% "error free". there is just no such thing as that...

as for problems, if you backup-ed your files u could easily replace them.

sure but there are other errors and slowdown that can offer that cannot be remedied by that solution so again until you can make a mod that would be accepted on the simple machines website I don't feel comfortable using it. If its not a attainable idea to have a error free version of this mod I don't want it but incase someone who is able to make such an addition sees this and wants to make it they know theres a desire for it. Possibly the way "you have it" is the reason why its not error free? 

Sorry but I do not and will not trust anything that is not a posted mod on the simple machines website the shop mod uses that software so your addition requires knowledge of it as well. Maybe if you want to post it on that site you should ask some of the mod authors there to fix the problem you seem to have wth CDATA. Again not my business thats up to you but untill its approved by smf I will not be using it. sorry If someone can make the mod while conforming to those guideliness I would apperciate it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 05:33:00 am by Abangyarudo »

Offline feildmaster

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 12:41:46 pm »
i don't WANT to post it on there. I'll be caught DEAD before I go and even SHOW a mod to those ppl.

and i don't care if u wont use it. I just made it cuz it was requested, the only error it would give is a standard INSTALL error. which shouldn't even be a problem.

hell, the day one of my mods IS given to SMF and even if they deny or accept it, the day one of my mods ends up in the hands of them, is the day i stop coding all together.

Sorry for the ranting but this just pisses me off.

Abangyarudo

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 08:04:09 pm »
then why do you use their software? cause it seems kinda funny to say I hate SMF but I coded something for their software ... shrugs but thats just me