Author Topic: Bounties.. and coding guide  (Read 4872 times)

JRDezine

Bounties.. and coding guide
« on: July 10, 2007, 09:43:17 am »
Hi all,
Am after a "Bounty" mod for the shop. Am happy to attempt to code it myself (PHP Nublet). Essentially this would be for gamers but i guess real life psychos could find it handy as well.

Member purchases a bounty card for $100 credits and states the bounty contract is worth $10000credits (the member must have this amount in their bank account) Member states the name of the person the bounty is against (not necessarily another member of the forum as it will most likely be someone from a different clan)
The amount of the contract is then "frozen" in the bank until the contract is ended (canceled or completed).

Another member of the forum accepts the contract and attempts to track down the person bounty is against, and kill them (online only you whackjobs! :uglystupid2:) Once the "Contract " has been completed by accepting member, the money is transferred to their account. If another member proves they  "terminated" the "contract" before the person who actually accepted teh contract, they get paid 80% of the contract fee and the rest is refunded to the member that created the contract.

confused? I am!

Offline JRSofty

Re: Bounties.. and coding guide
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 10:32:07 pm »
Yep that sounds pretty confusing.

Are you planning that the release of the money to the assassin is decided upon by the originator of the contract? I don't think there is really a good automated way to handle something like this.

JRDezine

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 10:03:34 am »
Yep that sounds pretty confusing.

Are you planning that the release of the money to the assassin is decided upon by the originator of the contract? I don't think there is really a good automated way to handle something like this.

Yes that about sounds right. At the moment we're using a simple solution.
User posts bounty on forum, when someone "assassinates" the target the user transfers money through Daniels Shop mod. I'll see how this goes for a while and then decide what needs to be done to make it work better.

Offline feildmaster

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 11:34:51 pm »
1 question.

How do they kill?

JRDezine

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 09:34:29 am »
the killing is done in an mmo game ie aces high ii

Offline feildmaster

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 10:44:36 am »
Basically you want a mod where people can make bounties,
and claim them with the right ... authentication that he killed / captured him...?