Author Topic: SMF Lottery Mod  (Read 90428 times)

Offline kinggreg10

Re: SMF Lottery Mod
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2008, 12:15:38 am »
how do i increase the start amount of 1000 to a higher amount? ???

Offline AndyII

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2008, 01:18:42 am »
I would try this,
in  Lottery.php   there is this line
Code: [Select]
$this->price = 1000;put to what you like, no guarantee as I am not a coder
there is also reference in the db
// Add a place to store the jackpot. Start jackpot off at 1000 just because I want to
db_query("INSERT INTO {$db_prefix}settings (`variable`, `value`) VALUES ('lottery_pot', '1000')",__FILE__,__LINE__);
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 01:26:35 am by AndyII »

Offline Organic

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008, 05:53:08 am »
I just installed this, having no problems except that I couldn't see anywhere to buy or use the tickets. The Shop had a link for 'Lottery', but all it did was offer links to previous winners & stuff like that. I snooped around, looking in admin, my profile, & the avatar box of posts & found nothing, so I checked the FAQs page at his site, had a good laugh at that, then uninstalled it.

I then got this error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
File: /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx.com/forums/Packages/temp/LotterySQLUninstall.php
Line: 32

I'm not looking for help, because I can manage, but I wanted to let you all know what happened because that's what helps a mod evolve. Great idea for a mod; it's just too bad it didn't work for my site, which btw is smf 1.1.4.

Now I'm going in for a manual removal, but I should have listened to my gut & not fiddled with this mod. From now on, I'm just sticking with the stuff Daniel makes.  O0

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 05:56:16 am by Organic »

Offline AndyII

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2008, 07:10:07 am »
after you set up the defaults in Add/Edit/Delete Items (drop down list of shop items), you or a member would find in "Buy Stuff" an Item called "Lottery Ticket".
for the drawing, you would setup a cron or manually run the file to complete the lottery
I think its a very good mod, I havent tried to "Un Install" it as it works great for me.
I have modified a few of the variables to suite my needs
What I would like, and I have asked the author, is for the lottery to choose only from the numbers entered, so I will always have a winner :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 07:11:45 am by AndyII »

Offline Organic

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2008, 07:18:54 am »
I actually thought of looking for it in the items drop down list, but not until after I uninstalled it. You see, that's something that should be included in the FAQs page, in my opinion. I mean, come on... there's only 2 questions there, lol. Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'll try reinstalling it, since I haven't completed the manual uninstall yet.

Offline m1ss1nnocent

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2008, 06:39:27 am »
ve got no admin feature that I can find for the lottery (it is showing in the shop fine, but I dont have anything in the shop admin for me to configure with regards to percentage etc......any suggestions?

Offline AndyII

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2008, 07:22:30 am »
login as admin
in the shop administration choose Add/Edit/Delete Items.
if you haven't already, from drop down menu choose Lottery Ticket by YamiKaitou, from there you can configure the mod.
other wise you will have a list of items in the shop, again you can edit any of them after adding them

Offline m1ss1nnocent

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2008, 08:50:16 am »
thank you Andy...not the most obvious way to find it, but its all sorted now and we are sooooo loking forward to the new edition!  :D

(incidentally, many apologies for scanning this thread and not noticing you already mentioning how to find my requested info.....me bad  :-[

Thanks again  :smitten:

Offline AndyII

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2008, 09:24:01 am »
no problem
Daniel is a very intelligent young man and Yami did a nice job on the lottery mod  ;)

Offline Faver

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2008, 12:33:31 pm »
Is a newbie question :)
How buy a ticket? :S

Offline m1ss1nnocent

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2008, 07:37:11 pm »
you need to use the BUY ITEM feature in the shop like you do for other items. Once bought it puts it into YOUR INVENTORY where it will stay until you use it. Once you use it, it will ak you to choose your numbers and enter it into the next draw

HTH  :-*

Offline Lew_Cipher

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2008, 07:03:27 am »
Information
Project Name: SMF Lottery System
Author: Yami Kaitou
Version: 1.0.1

Features

-Range of the balls (example 1-10)

Excellent system! I've got it installed & working but I can't find a place to set the range of balls in the item. It's got 4 balls  and nowhere I can see to change the setting. I'm sure I'm just missing it somewhere.

Any advice?

Offline YamiKaitou

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2008, 11:24:07 am »
Wow, this thread got popular in the time that I spent not here. Anyways, the forums have changed. Main post updated with new stuff (switched to vB, but still plan on doing 1 or 2 things for SMF and maybe even adding a few features to this mod).

Remember, if you need to ask me something, best way to contact me is via email, PM, or on my site.

Offline AndyII

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2008, 11:34:02 am »
YamiKaitou, can you post your site addy?

Offline YamiKaitou

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2008, 12:20:51 am »