Author Topic: SMFPets Version 0.2  (Read 160402 times)

Offline Basil Beard

Re: SMFPets Version 0.2
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2007, 01:23:57 pm »
Probably something wrong with the skill. A quote ' in something being put in the database, i'd guess.
Arrrrr!

Offline Alundra

« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2007, 05:45:28 am »
lol
everything was working yesterday....now today the shop says "An Error Has Occurred! Hacking attempt..."

whats it mean, what could be causing it, and how can i fix it?

Offline inkstains

« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2007, 07:16:12 am »
just to clarify, can you access the shop or does it give that error?

if you get that error when you access the shop then someone may have just added an apostrophe in a pets name or description in which case you'll need to access through phpmyadmin and remove the apostrophe

else if you can access the shop and everything in it but when you use a certain skill it errors you would need to post your pets php file so someone can check it to see what's wrong with it.

Offline Alundra

« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2007, 09:55:17 am »
cant access the shop either

"He's a happy little ducky ;)"
is my pets description, no one else can buy one yet lol

is that whats causing it?

what file do i go into, and why do apostrophe's do so much damage?

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2007, 01:18:27 am »
probably the semi-colon. Something must be wrong with the code that deals with bad tags. So like, same issue as the ' sign problem. Can anyone who is good with that kind of stuff look at it and propose a fix?  :buck2:
Arrrrr!

Offline Alundra

« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2007, 01:44:05 am »
yeah for real

and can someone tell me how to fix that?!
cause i cant do it by myself :S

Offline Alundra

« Reply #156 on: October 02, 2007, 11:19:08 am »
everyones complaining to me that the shop doesnt work
can someone PLEASE help me before my head explodes?!

lol
everything was working yesterday....now today the shop says "An Error Has Occurred! Hacking attempt..."

whats it mean, what could be causing it, and how can i fix it?

cant access the shop either

"He's a happy little ducky ;)"
is my pets description, no one else can buy one yet lol

is that whats causing it?

what file do i go into, and why do apostrophe's do so much damage?

yeah for real

and can someone tell me how to fix that?!
cause i cant do it by myself :S

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!

Offline inkstains

« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2007, 04:17:51 pm »
you'll have to access phpMyAdmin through your control panel and edit the database. you'll need to go to the smf_shop_pets table and then edit the apostrophe out of the name or description or wherever it is.

Offline Alundra

« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2007, 06:09:54 am »
i couldnt find a way to edit it...so i just emptied it lol

is their any way to disable the description?!

Offline Str8up-Nate

« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2007, 03:56:59 pm »
maybe its just me or is there a way to like fight the other pets?
if not could someone help me code it?

Offline sc2

« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2007, 09:25:58 pm »
I would like to have them fight other pets as well. THey will need new database fields like HP, attack power, defense power, etc. I am a noob to PHP but it seems like with some work it could be done. I'll give it a go when I get some time!

Offline Alundra

« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2007, 09:39:26 am »
i think getting the coding right is FAR more important than extensions to the mod

Offline Celdric

« Reply #162 on: October 15, 2007, 02:12:48 am »
Use PHP Myadmin or something like that to manually remove the quote from the description or name.

What an arrogant advice. Since month many people please here to fix some distgusting bugs. May be one should forget this buggy mod at all?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 02:16:02 am by Celdric »

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #163 on: October 15, 2007, 03:35:49 am »
Use PHP Myadmin or something like that to manually remove the quote from the description or name.

What an arrogant advice. Since month many people please here to fix some distgusting bugs. May be one should forget this buggy mod at all?

You're right. Maybe you should forget about a buggy 0.2 version of a mod that hasn't been officially released in any capacity because it is a 0.2 version and thus has bugs. Because honestly, I could care less about the people who are selfish enough to download and install the beta version of a mod, and then act like it is their God given right to get someone to fix the bugs in said beta version. And if that someone doesn't fix the bug, their are "arrogant" and "disgusting". If you care that much, fix the bugs yourself. If you don't care that much, quit bugging me and go play with actual mods that have been officially released.
Arrrrr!

Offline inkstains

« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2007, 04:30:10 am »

You're right. Maybe you should forget about a buggy 0.2 version of a mod that hasn't been officially released in any capacity because it is a 0.2 version and thus has bugs. Because honestly, I could care less about the people who are selfish enough to download and install the beta version of a mod, and then act like it is their God given right to get someone to fix the bugs in said beta version. And if that someone doesn't fix the bug, their are "arrogant" and "disgusting". If you care that much, fix the bugs yourself. If you don't care that much, quit bugging me and go play with actual mods that have been officially released.

+1

what a rude f@^&