Author Topic: Strange Bug in DisplayMessage Item (using SMFShop in SMF2.0 RC1)  (Read 5777 times)

Offline Arwym

Well, now that the forums are a little more active, I am hoping that I can get some help with this.

I'm not sure if this is new, but using SMFShop for SMF 2.0 RC1, I encountered a problem with the DisplayMessage item.

For some reason (and I can't find the source of the problem no matter where I look), the custom message that the item is supposed to display when used doesn't get saved during item creation or editing.  It's as if there was something wrong with how the form is processed.  But I don't see anything wrong with the item's file, or with the shop's engine itself.  To my limited understanding of it, that is.

I have tried with multiple DisplayMessage items.  All of them having the same problem.  The only way to get around this right now is to change the message directly in the corresponding table, rows and columns of the database with PHPMyAdmin or by some other means.

Again, perhaps it's due to my little experience working with the internals of SMF and with modifying the source, but I don't see anything wrong with the script.  So I don't really understand what's going on.  I'm hoping that someone more experienced can help me.

Thank you in advance,
Arwym.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 06:41:57 am by Arwym »

Offline Arwym

Re: Strange Bug in DisplayMessage Item (using SMFShop in SMF2.0 RC1)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 04:30:33 am »
Hello,

Anybody interested in trying to help me here with this?  I still can't figure it out by myself, and we really need help.  :(

Offline żεχเ๏ภ

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 04:04:10 pm »
Same thing here.... This forum is so dead  :'(

Offline hcfwesker

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 05:35:40 pm »
Can't argue with that.  I do what i can even though my knowledge can only go so far.

About the 'bug' ... the Shop in posts mod I believe isn't compatible with smf2 ... it does install, but when i tried on a test forum, it didn't work.  May just not be fully compatible, since the mod was originally made for smf 1.1.3
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 08:43:20 pm by hcfwesker »

Offline alfredote

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 08:38:49 am »
probably a little late haha but i had the same problem and i fix it (more or less) with a little change in the code.

open the php file 'Displaymessage.php' and find       '$this->addInput_editable = true;'
you have to turn true to false. with this change when you edit the item you can't change the message but you can change the name, descripcion, prize and stock so it is very useful

greetings!