Author Topic: Some Name Alteration Items  (Read 79970 times)

Offline David

Re: Some Name Alteration Items
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2007, 09:22:35 am »
So you couldn't even read this (the previous) page where it is answered and expect me to do it all for you?

Offline voyager

« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2007, 09:47:06 am »
Ok I saw the post that you meant, but where do I put the files once I unzip them?

Offline David

« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2007, 09:51:53 am »
On that page I answered exactly that twice! Please see reply #62 and reply #69.

Lily Flor

« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2007, 02:59:42 am »
How do I get to the shop administration??? U can't see where to go, I wanted to add more items but I justo don't know how :(  :'(
someone please!! help me!

Offline David

« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2007, 03:42:32 am »
Firstly if you are using a custom theme the mod, like almost all mods, needs to be edited into it manually. In the default theme go to ACP and all the shop settings are listed under "Shop Administration" If you can't see them there then either the mod didn't install for you at all or you have your forum language wrongly set...if that is the case go to ACP>Server Settings and set your forum language to English and not English utf8. If the mod doesn't show at all them check following the preocedure of a manual install that the files it needs to edit are indeed edited and the files it needs to add have been added...the following links should help:

Please read:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0

The following may also prove helpful:

http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/

Mirror of the last link:

http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

Add and edit as needed to complete an installation.

To add items you need to go, via ftp, to your forum root>Sources>shop>items directory and add the items you want to add to that directory...add images for them to forum root>Sources>shop>item_images

Once added there they can be accessed via ACP>Shop Administration>Add Edit Delete Items and installed into your forum.

Lily Flor

« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2007, 09:24:02 am »
I found it... sorry I read somewhere else that you must be sign in as a administrator to see the Shop Administration... so now I see it... thanks ;)

Offline voyager

« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2007, 09:07:03 am »
Since my shop reset itself yesterday, which really, well, sucked, I was wondering where the thread was that said something about only showing the alterations on the boards and topics with posts, and not on the forum index.

Offline eugeniu

« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2007, 04:03:02 am »
Ugh...I knew how to do this a long time ago...but now I forgot. Is there any shop item that lets you reset the styles of your name? Or a mod that lets you do that? I'm in desperate need...

Offline David

« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2007, 04:33:58 am »
Reset display name style/CSS shop item...attached below (in a zip file so as to be able to post it here.)

Offline KnottyMars

« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2009, 02:35:50 am »
Great mod daniel thanks for the work. Ive installed everything and it working like a champ O0

The additional files that I uploaded to /sources/shop/items make the entries show up in the add/edit/delete portion of the shop, but when I select next, I see no options to select the style/color. It just shows the item price, qty, title and desc.

Should I be doing anything special to get the choices for these items to show? I downloaded the files from the original post (NameAlerations.zip) and I do have the DisplayNameCSS installed and its working fine.

On a side note, its kinda funny to see how many times people ask the same exact question lol.  ;D

Offline WBADude

« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2009, 02:09:43 am »
Thanks

Great mod  :)

Offline steve51184

« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2010, 02:30:24 pm »
does this work on smf 2.0 rc2?

Offline steve51184

« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2010, 08:01:22 am »
6.5 month bump ;)

Offline Shishikabob

« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2011, 01:25:51 pm »
I can answer for you that it does not work on 2.0.  I tried to do the edits manually but the install script wouldn't run anyway.

Offline hcfwesker

« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2011, 12:51:33 pm »

Display Name CSS

Does anyone know where to get this download.  the download on the site is only for the change CSS shop item.