Author Topic: New items: Red Balls  (Read 46677 times)

Offline David

Re: New items: Red Balls
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2007, 08:39:39 am »
Its not working for me. I get "ERROR: Could not create instance of 'redball' item!" when I open the add/edit/delete items page

Check that you have given the item the right file name...look for a line in the file like:

//File: Redball2.php

That file would be named Redball2.php

Offline perplexed

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2007, 06:42:28 pm »
are there images that go with this item, I saw 'assist.gif' mentioned in the code but no image, or a ball maybe?

« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 06:50:44 pm by perplexed »
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Offline David

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2007, 08:00:05 pm »
I made this one:

Offline perplexed

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2007, 08:02:52 pm »
so what happens with this?  The members get a PM with this ball in it, and then have to respond?

is this what the 'assist.gif' is or is that something else?

Offline David

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2007, 08:56:17 pm »
The image I gave you just gets used in the shop buy screens...makes it look pretty.

To see what redball does why not just put it in your test forum and play with it?

assist.gif is a standard part of your forum...it's used all over the show. I'll post it for you and I'm sure you'll recognise it right away.

Offline perplexed

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2007, 09:21:59 pm »
The image I gave you just gets used in the shop buy screens...makes it look pretty.

To see what redball does why not just put it in your test forum and play with it?

assist.gif is a standard part of your forum...it's used all over the show. I'll post it for you and I'm sure you'll recognise it right away.

lol yes that would be easier wouldnt it, rather than asking a bunch of dumb questions... but I can't access it at the moment unfortunately.  :(

I had in my head that this had some kind of bouncing ball effect  :D

Offline David

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2007, 09:42:50 pm »
I've got it (and redball 2) on a test forum of mine and you're welcome to play about with it there if that would help...holler via PM and I'll give you the details.

dumbelljunkie

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2007, 06:36:11 pm »
One of my members asked why they didn't receive any notification about the redball2. The one you throw it at get's the PM but the one who threw it doesn't know if he lost or wins ?

Could that be fixed in anyway ?
The items gets bought a lot so they must like it :)

Offline Joker Grafix

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2007, 07:35:10 am »
With Redball 1 instead of it dropping the person's post count by 100 (like it says it goes) it gives them like 16,000 post counts.

I can't see where to adjust this in the php coding as it says it only does "100", and it adds the "I am a geek" in the post count itself. So what exactly is with this one?

Offline Xarcell

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2007, 05:19:46 am »
I like this item alot. Very cool...

Offline kenotia

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2007, 05:48:17 am »
can someone please help me?
the redball.php is not sending any pms when my members use it = /

Offline David

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2007, 06:30:05 am »
Redball doesn't send a PM (isn't meant to)...Redball 2 does...perhaps you're getting confused between them?

dumbelljunkie

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2007, 04:49:04 am »
Redball2 does sent a PM but only to the one you threw it to, if I sent the ball to some one i don't know what it did, of the receiver of theball, and that's annoying

so if I throw a ball at my victim, I too want to know if I win or lose... how can this be done ?

Offline Stalyn

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2007, 11:59:16 am »
cool stuff

Offline zsw007

An idea of Item Redball
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2007, 07:14:08 am »
Redball2 does sent a PM but only to the one you threw it to, if I sent the ball to some one i don't know what it did, of the receiver of theball, and that's annoying

so if I throw a ball at my victim, I too want to know if I win or lose... how can this be done ?

FIND:
Code: [Select]
return "You've thrown the ball to {$_POST['stealfrom']} if he catches it he'll gain money, else he'll lose it!!!";
REPLACE WITH
Code: [Select]
return "You've thrown the ball to {$_POST['stealfrom']} he gain/lost ".formatMoney($amount)." credit!!!";

And you know what would be really nice? is if when the ball is thrown to someone, a PM well be send, BUT there is a xx second wait, and if the person reply the PM with in the xx second wait, he catchs the ball, he gain money and the ball. if he dosn't, he loses money and no one get the ball.

Think that could be done?
Quote from: zsw007
im not an expert yet,sorry

Applaud me if you like my post(which means i helped you), i like Applauds :P