Author Topic: Item: Jeeves The Butler  (Read 42657 times)

stephen1133

Item: Jeeves The Butler
« on: March 12, 2007, 02:54:22 am »
This is Jeeves the Butler.  Once installed he will work for a limited amount of times before going on strike. You will then have to buy credits to get him working again. When working you request an item and give other information and he will follow your request.

This is fully packaged and (hopefully) ready to go!

DOWNLOAD HERE!

Thanks to Matthew_Gall2005 for helping me package and point out some errors

Please comment as this is my first MOD and I am a PHP newbie...:P

All comments will either result in fixes to my coding or additions to later versions.

Any security flaws please either PM me or E-Mail me.  Thanks.

UPDATE: Link now goes to new version (old page was lost when site crashed...:()
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 01:32:07 am by Stephen »

Offline feeble

Re: Item: Jeeves The Butler
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 06:49:59 am »
nice mod, made me laugh when i used it.

few things:
does what the butler do every change?

i dont think its a good idea to get ppl to register so that they can download this, but its your call.

also the uninstall for the package is corrupted
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 06:51:57 am by feeble »

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 09:25:06 am »
anyone have screen shots or something?  I really don't feel like registering with ANOTHER site (my list is already close to 200 long, hard to keep track)
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

stephen1133

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 04:25:36 pm »
does what the butler do every change?
Not yet....but I'm working on it..:P
---
i dont think its a good idea to get ppl to register so that they can download this, but its your call.
True.  I'll see what I can do....:)
UPDATE: Permissions changed!
---
also the uninstall for the package is corrupted
kk - I'll work on it ASAP...:)
---
anyone have screen shots or something?
I'll attempt to upload some when I get back from school...:)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 04:51:09 pm by stephen1133 »

stephen1133

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 04:44:15 pm »
You can now download Jeeves without registring.

Offline Matthew Gall

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 12:27:02 am »
Hi Matthew_Gall2005 Here (Assisted With Jeeves The Butler)
Just Thought I Would Post Some Screen Shots Of Jeeves The Butler Working!

Jeeves The Butler Appearing In SMF Shop

Jeeves The Butler Brings The Item You Requested

Jeeves The Butler - On Strike!

Jeeves The Butler - Warning Of Strike!

Jeeves The Butler - Requesting What Item You Requireu]

anyone have screen shots or something?  I really don't feel like registering with ANOTHER site (my list is already close to 200 long, hard to keep track)

Soz TechnoDragon But The Site That This Was Originally Designed For Is The Site It Is Hosted For But We Have Made It Availiable For Access By You Without Registering!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 02:12:55 am by Matthew_Gall2005 »

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 02:28:07 pm »
Yes, thatnk you very much...I didn't mean to come accross rude...i have just been registering at soo many sites lately!  ROFL

I did download the item and it is very cool.  What kind of additional features do you have planned for this?
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

stephen1133

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 04:59:08 pm »
Probably the main change I'm trying to intergrate is random responses - or even an internal dictionary so if he recognises certain words he does something completely different...:D

Offline Matthew Gall

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 04:14:00 am »
If You Wish To Uninstall Jeeves The Buter You Must Follow The Following Steps,

1) Access Your SMF MySQL Database
2) Browse To Your smf_members Table (This May Be Different If You Have Changed Your db Prefix
3) DROP maxUses and totalUses Fields From The Table
4) Delete jeeves2.php And jeevestu2.php From Your Sources/shop/items Directory
5) Jeeves Is Now History!

This Uninstall Will Be Fixed In Version 2.0.1 Availiable From The Same Website

Honcho

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 09:33:55 pm »
Hi Matthew_Gall2005 Here (Assisted With Jeeves The Butler)
Just Thought I Would Post Some Screen Shots Of Jeeves The Butler Working!

Jeeves The Butler Appearing In SMF Shop

Jeeves The Butler Brings The Item You Requested

Jeeves The Butler - On Strike!

Jeeves The Butler - Warning Of Strike!

Jeeves The Butler - Requesting What Item You Requireu]

Soz TechnoDragon But The Site That This Was Originally Designed For Is The Site It Is Hosted For But We Have Made It Availiable For Access By You Without Registering!

Can't see the above screenies!

So what does this actually do?

Offline Matthew Gall

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2007, 10:00:55 pm »
Soz Honcho - My Image Host Has Crashed XD

Will Be Uploaded To Another Server Soon. The Item Description Is On The First Post Of This Thread - Use Your Eyes M8!

Honcho

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 12:05:02 am »

Will Be Uploaded To Another Server Soon. The Item Description Is On The First Post Of This Thread - Use Your Eyes M8!

No worries, i went ahead and installed it anyway.  I just wanted to know what the butler said/did but I'm sorted now.  Nice little addition to my Shop with a pic of Stephen Fry!  ;D

Joshsuxx

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 05:24:20 pm »

No worries, i went ahead and installed it anyway.  I just wanted to know what the butler said/did but I'm sorted now.  Nice little addition to my Shop with a pic of Stephen Fry!  ;D

Exact reason why i'm not installing it, just the name isn't enough for me. i need to know what it actually does.... this whole thread doesn't explain much at all.

Anyone care to explain in english what this actually does? "he goes on strike after working" what the hell? what does he do for "work?"

Offline Matthew Gall

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 06:19:30 pm »
Sorry Joshsuxx,
I Still Apologise About The Image Host As I Have Been Proccupied With Other "Dutes". This Will Be Sorted By The End Of Today. Now To Answer Your Question,

Jeeves The Butler Is A Shop Item That Tries To "Emulate" A Butler, You Request What Item You Want, How Many You Want And How Fast You Want It. Jeeves Will Then Go Off And Get That Item. However, Jeeves Will Only Work For So Long Before He Decides That He Has Had Enough. You Then Effectively Give "Jeeves" A Pay Rise By Buying A Top Up Item That Will Renew Jeeves Contract For An Admin Specified Number Of Uses. You Must Remember That Once Jeeves Goes On Strike - THERE IS NO WAY TO GET HIM TO WORK (Even If You Buy A New One!)

Jeeves The Butler Mod Is Installed By The Packages Mod And Will Add 2 Items To The SMF Shop "items" Directory
*- Jeeves The Butler Himself
*- The Top Up Item

Once Again - I Apologise For The Absence Of Images And I Hope This Will Answer Your Question Joshsuxx - Any More Information Needed I Will Be Happy To Answer Them

Joshsuxx

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 09:23:37 pm »
that sounds pretty awesome mate, i still have a couple of questions though:

What items does he get? as in why would i pay a bot to get me items, when it only takes me 10 - 20 seconds to get them myself? what type of items does he get? 

is this just something like a little "fun" type item just for lazy people ? can you give me some like ways you could use him? and why i or my members may like it? thanks alot mate!

And i don't mind about the images, it's not what it looks like for me, it's what it does.