Author Topic: Item: Jeeves The Butler  (Read 42652 times)

Offline Matthew Gall

Re: Item: Jeeves The Butler
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 10:25:23 pm »
that sounds pretty awesome mate, i still have a couple of questions though:

What items does he get? as in why would i pay a bot to get me items, when it only takes me 10 - 20 seconds to get them myself? what type of items does he get? 

is this just something like a little "fun" type item just for lazy people ? can you give me some like ways you could use him? and why i or my members may like it? thanks alot mate!

And i don't mind about the images, it's not what it looks like for me, it's what it does.

Hi, I Still Apologise About The Problems With The Image Host (Imagefuse Suckz). Now The Answer To Your Questions. Me And Stephen1133 Are Rather PHP Newbies With Me Only Being Into PHP For Years And Only Limited Use Of SMF. So We Were Unable To Make The "Bot" As You So Cunningly Put It Actually Retreive The Items (This Will Be Coming In A Later Version, We Are Concentrating On Other Responsibilities, Mainly GCSE Exams)

Primarily, Jeeves The Butler Is A Very Comical Joke Script With Quite Amusing Responses To Questions.

For The Use You Want, I Would Advise That You Waited Until The Next Version As This Will Give You The Features That You Want.

Any More Questions Please Do Not Hesitate To Contact Me By Personal Message Or By E-Mail matthewgall2005@gmail.com Or Stephen1133 By Personal Message

Oldiesmann

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2007, 08:31:39 am »
Sounds interesting. I'll have to play around with it when I have time.

stephen1133

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2007, 10:26:36 pm »
Jeeves has now been fixed!  Uninstall works!

DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION NOW!!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 01:33:23 am by Stephen »

Honcho

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 02:03:38 am »
Jeeves has now been fixed!  Uninstall works!

DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION NOW!!

What's new, Stephen?

Offline Matthew Gall

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 03:53:37 am »
The New Version Of Jeeves The Butler Has Been Released.

In This Version,
*- The Uninstall Procedure Has Changed

THIS VERSION IS PURELY A HOTFIX. YOU MUST UNINSTALL ANY PREVIOUS VERSION OF JEEVES TO ENSURE COMPATIBILITY WITH NEW VERSIONS. PLUS THE UNINSTALL PROBLEM IS A BIT ANNOYING!

Uninstall Instructions For Jeeves v2.0.0
1) Access Your SMF MySQL Database
2) Browse To Your smf_members Table (This May Be Different If You Have Changed Your db Prefix
3) DROP maxUses and totalUses Fields From The Table
4) Delete jeeves2.php And jeevestu2.php From Your Sources/shop/items Directory
5) Jeeves Is Now History!

Joshsuxx

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2007, 07:43:50 pm »
Why isn't this just a php file like most other mods? why do i have to use the package manager? it keeps erroring when i do,

got it working, but get this when you use the item:

Unknown column 'totalUses' in 'field list'
File: /home/joshua/domains/sneakyshits.com/public_html/Sources/shop/items/jeeves2.php
Line: 64
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 07:56:37 pm by Joshsuxx »

Offline Matthew Gall

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 11:55:46 pm »
Jeeves The Butler Is Not Just A PHP File Like Ordinary Items - It Adds 2 More Fields (Rows) To The Member Tables On SMF. This Is For Jeeves To Work Out When The Strike Will Happen And How Many Uses Are Needed Before The Top Up Item Is Needed.

Offline Matthew Gall

Jeeves The Butler Support Area
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 02:38:18 am »
Me And Stephen1133 Have Created A Support Area For Jeeves The Butler And Our Upcoming Modifications Within Our Website's Community Area - Known As The Net 3000 Community

Please Feel Free To Move There For Support Ar One Of Us Will Be In The Room From 6:00pm - 7:00pm (GMT) To Answer Any Questions Or Problems

Click Here To Visit Net 3000 - Community

*New*
You May Also Submit A Support Ticket For Live Help On Our System @ The Net 3000 - Support System. To Optain Support Click The Link And Follow The Instructions To Select Jeeves The Butler.

Click Here To Visit The Net 3000 - Support System
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 04:58:00 pm by Matthew_Gall2005 »

Offline Xarcell

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 04:35:19 am »
I like this item. I think it's a cool thing to have and hope you continue to work on it.

It would be cool to get random respones from him.

It would also be cool if the admin could specify the kind of items he can make from already existing items in the shop. Then show if he makes it successfully or not.

Anyways, nice mod. I intend to use it.

stephen1133

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 05:30:42 pm »
Our downloads website has moved!

The Jeeves The Butler link is below:
Jeeves The Butler Downloadsl

Please be aware this is still under construction and the layout/design may change.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 01:20:25 am by Stephen »

Offline Organic

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2008, 04:50:51 am »
Does anyone know where to get Jeeves now? None of the links are working for me.

Offline Matthew Gall

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 03:34:34 am »
I Apologise For The Dead Links With Previous Versions,

I Will Update These Once Jeeves The Butler v3.00 Has Been Released And I Can Obtain The Previous Versions From stephen1133

Important Note To Other Users
If You Have Any Previous Versions Of Jeeves The Butler Handy On Your PC...... Please Could You Send Them To Me By PM

More Information To Follow
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 03:45:32 am by Matthew_Gall2005 »

Offline Harvester

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 10:50:00 pm »
what exactly does the butler do? none of the images are active any longer so I cant see.

Offline City Builder

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2008, 04:19:58 am »
I'd like to get the version that was already released, since it's been 3 months since the OP posted here, maybe someone else can upload it somewhere so that others can get a hold of it please.

Offline Solid

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 05:47:13 am »
Dead link! :'( :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: