Author Topic: Item: EggAvatar  (Read 174624 times)

Offline chadk

Re: Item: Egg your victims avatar
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2006, 12:05:25 am »
I'd like BMP images :)  My users aren't techincal and wouldn't know a filetype if it bit them in the  >:D

Offline Sableye

« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2006, 12:14:38 pm »
I have a question on installing this package.

I have added the "egged" folder to my avatars/ directory.  I have also uploaded the other files to their rightful locations.  What do I do now and where can I get GD from?

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2006, 12:42:31 pm »
GD is a server thing, you can't install it yourself.
If your server doesn't have GD installed, then you'll need to ask your web host to install it for you. Ask them to compile PHP --with-gd (they'll know what you mean), and to refer to http://au.php.net/gd for more information.

Offline Sableye

« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2006, 01:16:40 pm »
I found out that GD is installed onto my server, and I figured out how to use it all.  However when I try to egg someone else's avatar I get an error:

2: imagepng(): Unable to open '/home/******/public_html/forums/avatars/egged/egged_admin.png' for writing
File: /home/******/public_html/forums/Sources/shop/items/EggUser.php
Line: 256

What does it mean?
Asterisks are there for security reasons

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2006, 02:45:35 pm »
Try CHMODding the 'egged' directory to 0777, and see if that helps.

Offline feeble

« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2006, 06:43:43 am »
Change-log for upcoming V10:
-NEW OPTION: adjust users karma based on what egg he throws, adjustable in the $eggselect array.(default off)
-NEW OPTION: actually alter the victims avatar file if its not external. (default off)
-BUG FIX: fixed a few more forum errors.
-SPELLING CORRECT: fixed a few spelling errors and grammar
-AUTO CHMOD: added a funciton to check if egged directory exists and is writable. if not trys and chmods it for you. with visual indicators.

before i release it, im trying to make a few more images for it, but im having a little trouble at present. so depending if i can get some of these to look decent, ill release it in a few days time.

and just been thinking that, i will only save victims avatar if its uploaded only. since, you probably don't want your forum avatars from being edited.

EDIT: for bmp support
I will not be adding this anytime soon, I've been looking at the function to handle bmp file, and, well, its not fool proof, and will probably cause more problems then it will solve.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 03:15:33 pm by feeble »

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2006, 10:45:26 am »
Sounds like some good ideas...what kind of images are you looking for?

And what exactly do you mean by
-NEW OPTION: actually alter the victims avatar file if its not external. (default off)
and just been thinking that, i will only save victims avatar if its uploaded only. since, you probably don't want your forum avatars from being edited.
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

Offline Vi31

« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2006, 10:48:46 am »
The link is not working for me.  What's going on??????????

Offline feeble

« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2006, 10:50:58 am »
Sounds like some good ideas...what kind of images are you looking for?

And what exactly do you mean by

basically means it will alter the original image, instead of saving a copy in the egged folder. meaning the user will have to physically upload a fresh copy.

Offline feeble

« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2006, 10:52:45 am »
The link is not working for me.  What's going on??????????

my apologies, i updated tp yesterday, all fixed now.

Offline Vi31

« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2006, 11:56:10 am »
It worked, I installed the items and used it when I went to check if it worked and click on a forum then a topic I get this error:

Unknown column 'shop_nameStyle' in 'field list'
File: /home/msvi007/public_html/timeout/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1007

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2006, 12:49:00 pm »
basically means it will alter the original image, instead of saving a copy in the egged folder. meaning the user will have to physically upload a fresh copy.

Naw...bad idea...right now they love the item and it is very easy for them to just go into their profile and recheck the upload avatar...some of them didn't keep originals...the saved images are not that big so it is no big deal saving them in the egged folder.

It worked, I installed the items and used it when I went to check if it worked and click on a forum then a topic I get this error:

Unknown column 'shop_nameStyle' in 'field list'
File: /home/msvi007/public_html/timeout/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1007

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would have nothing to do with this item...it does not alter anything other than the avatars....no code edits at all!

Offline feeble

« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2006, 05:58:29 pm »
updated to v10

big update. egged directory should now create it self, and give itself the correct permission to work. if not, it will warn you when you are adding the item.

new items. previews

rest of the changelog is in the first post.

I highly recommend removing and adding this item again. but it will still work if you dont.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 08:29:32 pm by feeble »

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2006, 04:50:14 am »
Love the changes to the snowball and tomato...I did notcie something though...it is still having trouble with file names with spaces in them

Offline feeble

« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2006, 05:29:44 am »
can you send me the forum error log?