Author Topic: Item: BuyAvatar  (Read 24248 times)

Offline feeble

Item: BuyAvatar
« on: June 05, 2007, 04:52:26 am »
THE ZIP IS NOT A PACKAGE, JUST EXTRACT IT INTO A FOLDER AND READ THE README
PLEASE READ THE README IN THE ZIP FIRST.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD V1
latest released: 05/JUNE/07

Initial Release

What this item does:
This item allows the user to buy their forum avatar, for a price ;)

Tip:
To use this item more effectively on your forums, deny your forum users the ability to select, upload or choose an avatar for their profile. You can find this option, under Permissions in the Admin area.

Quote from: readme.txt
Installation/Update notes:
1. Copy folders "items" into your Sources/shop directory on your website

I have created the directories for you in the zip file. just upload them into your forum directory.

Usage:
When adding the item, select one of the 3 choices. server stored, external or upload.
This will decide on the method the user will be able to buy their avatar once they buy and use the item

If you have any issues whilst using the item, let me know. Im sure there will be one or two.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 07:19:36 pm by feeble »

Offline Joker Grafix

Re: Item: BuyAvatar
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 01:47:11 pm »
Is there a way we can set it (or perhaps a new version of this mod with it) that we can block all 3 until they purchase the Avatar Item?

Offline feeble

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 07:14:07 pm »
Is there a way we can set it (or perhaps a new version of this mod with it) that we can block all 3 until they purchase the Avatar Item?

Using SMF Permissions, you can disallow your member the right to change/add their own avatar

Offline Joker Grafix

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 12:37:07 am »
Ah okay. I'll check that one out, thanks.

Offline lilgoldfish

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 01:59:40 am »
just a quick question, ill probably figure it out, if we tick upload to server or w.e its called, where does it upload to? the place where the avatars are stored, or in like a different folder?

Offline feeble

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 07:09:17 am »
just a quick question, ill probably figure it out, if we tick upload to server or w.e its called, where does it upload to? the place where the avatars are stored, or in like a different folder?

Where uploaded avatars are stored, it uses a slightly modified variation of the one you will find when you edit your own Profile

Offline XSS

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 07:09:48 pm »
Wow thx this will come in handy

Offline Rowan

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 06:43:01 am »
I put this item in my shop and removed the ability to upload your own avatar, and now people are losing their avatars any time they change something in their profiles! Is there a quick fix to this I'm just missing?

Offline feeble

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 02:18:13 am »
I put this item in my shop and removed the ability to upload your own avatar, and now people are losing their avatars any time they change something in their profiles! Is there a quick fix to this I'm just missing?
Hmm bit wierd, this item really doesn't affect any of SMF source files.

Seems like a weird bug, I would post it up on the official SMF forums. might be able to get a solution there

Offline Rowan

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 08:37:01 am »
No, it's not the mod itself, or the item causing it. The custom themes aren't even the cause of it. It's the fact that the avatars are handled via a radio button that apparently requires an option be selected. Members have only the option of a server stored avatar in their profiles, and as a result it removes their custom avatar (bought in the shop) whenever another field is altered on the "Forum Profile Information" screen, because (no avatar) is automatically selected in the server stored avatars section.

Offline Hiro

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 07:22:39 am »
Sorry for reviving and old topic, but this is exactly what I was looking for.
Would it be possible to make it so we can change someone else's avatar? Also, could it include an option to hide who changed their avatar for an additional cost?

Offline KaanSef

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 04:56:29 am »
thanks.

Offline sisko

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 04:43:59 pm »
is this item compatible with SMF 2 RC4? i can't get it to work.

Offline angeljs

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 11:35:20 pm »
Can someone send this mod to me, please, the download link doesn't work.  :(