Author Topic: 'Profile Image' item  (Read 40275 times)

Offline Daethian

Re: 'Profile Image' item
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 05:46:38 pm »
I managed to get past the permissions problem.

I have another problem.  When I edit/delete the Profile Image item it is pointing to:
 Images are stored in Sources/shop/item_images/. Feel free to add more images!

Instead of flag_images

Now I can't figure out how to change it back!!

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the package to no avail.   I'm so close to being able to use this.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 06:47:20 pm by Daethian »

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 09:27:20 pm »
I have another problem.  When I edit/delete the Profile Image item it is pointing to:
Images are stored in Sources/shop/item_images/. Feel free to add more images!
That's only for the image displayed next to the item in the Shop 'Buy Stuff' listing. That doesn't actually refer to the profile images (which are stored in flag_images).

Offline Daethian

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 04:48:14 am »
But how do I fix it so it stops looking in the wrong folder for the images?  It's not looking in the flag_images anymore it's looking at the shop item icons.  I must have done this but I don't know how to undo it now :(

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 10:15:53 pm »
Hmmm... Very interesting!

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the item?
Also, are you sure it's looking in the wrong folder? You could have just uploaded the wrong images ;)

Offline MyFSI

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 07:48:53 pm »
Hey,

This is a great mod in general and i really like it but there is one problem and it is on the performance side.
In your code, you're adding 2 sql queries for each post, one for the flag and the other for the credits, which is really a lot. just look at page 1 of this topic and you'll see that there are 57 queries being made where 30 of them are for the flags and credits.
Don't get me wrong, i really like this mod, that's why i love to see it improve more.

Thank You.

Offline Daethian

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 09:05:15 am »

Offline nicole

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2006, 11:29:31 am »
Would there be any way to do something similar to this but instead of buying a profile image and getting all of them, then choosing one to display like it is now... would it be possible to have to buy each individual graphic item and display all of them next to the post? More like how XMB does it?

For example: http://www.disastermb.org/viewthread.php?tid=18577 Look how under the avatar the poster has multiple images under shop items... would it be possible to do something like that for SMF?

yea, is this possible? :)

Offline the fat boy

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 11:58:01 pm »
This is not working for me in 2.2 now.  Any ideas?

Offline LisaTFG

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2006, 09:34:18 pm »
Can anyone tell me how I can move the flag image from above the avatars to below them?

Also where do I rename this if I don't want flags?

TIA!

Offline JRSofty

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2006, 10:07:02 pm »
I believe the file you are looking for is the Display.template.php file.

I would suggest running a search in your text editor for "Flag:" without the quotes and that should take you to where the code sits. Then just move it to where you want and change the word Flag to something else.

Offline littleone

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2007, 05:00:54 pm »
Say I want to modify this to display more than one image.  What do i do?  Do I just remove the Limit 1? or do have to set it at like Limit 10 or whatever?

How would you go about removing an image once purchased and placed next to their name?  In the Database? and if so where in the DB?

Offline perplexed

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 09:36:13 pm »
The 'Profile Image' item is an item for SMFShop that allows your members to show an image next to their posts. This item is a standard SMF package, so please install it using the package manager.

This item comes with a set of flag images, although you can delete the original images and use whatever image you'd like.

You may downlaod the item via the 'SMFShop Items' downloads section of this site. Have fun!

Hi Daniel,

I clicked on the above downloads link and just get your news front page. :( Where has the download page gone?
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 09:31:51 am »
Sorry, the download moved (a while ago) to http://www.dansoftaustralia.net/downloads/file/21/'Profile-Image'-item.html

Say I want to modify this to display more than one image.  What do i do?  Do I just remove the Limit 1? or do have to set it at like Limit 10 or whatever?
This would require quite a bit of code editing ;)

Offline GhostWriter

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2007, 05:13:50 am »
How can I remove images from next to the post, for example, I got three flags and want to go down to one?

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 07:27:17 pm »
for example, I got three flags and want to go down to one?
It sounds like the code has been added 3 times. Open Themes/default/Display.template.php, and find the flag code. If it is duplicated, remove the duplicates.
EDIT: Or have you modified the item to allow multiple images?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 07:33:34 pm by Daniel15 »