Author Topic: Notepad  (Read 4814 times)

Offline skedds

Notepad
« on: October 06, 2008, 07:35:22 am »
It would be cool if someone could purchase a personal notepad, in which they'd go to their profile, and there'd be a link that said Notepade, and when clicked it would have a page with a big text box that they can write in.

It may be more of a general SMF addon, but I really want it in my shop.

Possible?

Offline mike dijital

Re: Notepad
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 11:14:01 am »
SMF has a notepad mod, you need to tweek it a bit to make it so all can see it, but its easy, if you want the help let me know

Offline mike dijital

Re: Notepad
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 12:00:44 pm »
for just the notepad option install this mod

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=788

this will install a notepad on each members profile page that admins and only that certain member can see, and that certain member can add and save text

to make it so everyone can see the note pad, but only the profile owner can add and save text:

in Source/profile.php   ( make a backup of this file first !!  ;D )

find

else { $context['show_pad'] = false; } // End Member NotePad

and replace with

else { $pad_notes = ''; $result = db_query("SELECT value FROM {$db_prefix}themes WHERE variable = 'notes' AND ID_MEMBER = $memID LIMIT 1", __FILE__, __LINE__); if (mysql_num_rows($result) != 0) { $row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result); $pad_notes = $row['value']; } mysql_free_result($result); $context['pad_notes'] = $pad_notes; $context['show_pad'] = true; } // End Member NotePad

im using it here www.deggi5.com you need to reg to join and see but its the best i got for an example right now