Author Topic: ARCADE - SMF2 (Beta 4, RC1, +)  (Read 4661 times)

Offline dwd2000

ARCADE - SMF2 (Beta 4, RC1, +)
« on: February 15, 2009, 09:43:53 am »
Looking for a way to award Shop Money for all arcade players - NOT JUST HIGH SCORES.
The amount of Shop Money will depend on how well the player does.
Minimum score needed to make Shop Money, otherwise player loses Shop Money.
A bonus can be awarded for A High Score.

IDEA #1
Since all games do not have the same score ranges, each game will need to be edited separately to set minimum scores. An edit to the "Edit Game" section would be needed.
Admin would have to do quite a bit of research to determine a "fair" minimum score.

IDEA #2
Minimum score could be determined by a "running average" of scores. As the game is played more and more, the average score will move up and down, depending on the scores players are getting.

Either way, there should be a way to even the scoring system so that players don't just play the games with high scoring points. (games that have scores in the millions, compared to games that have scores below 100) Maybe an edit in the "Edit Game" to allow a percentage of the score to be multiplied for Shop Money.

Here's an example of what I'm trying to say:

* Admin wants each game to have an equal average score of 100.
    * Average score for a certain game is around 10,000
    * Admin would have to set the percentage to 0.01000 (100 divided by 10,000) (Notice how many decimal places I'm allowing? This would be for games that normally score in the millions, etc.)
    * Admin wants the minimum score to be 90. (after above adjustment)
    * Player scores 110 - Player gets 20 credits (110-90)
    * Player scores 80 - Player loses 10 credits (80-90)

For scores that are normally less than 100 the admin would need to adjust the percentage accordingly (over 100%) Allowances would be needed for "Reverse" scoring. (like golf games)

Any ideas?

Offline Sakae

Re: ARCADE - SMF2 (Beta 4, RC1, +)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 03:39:26 am »
Looking forward this too!

Offline iKiller

Re: ARCADE - SMF2 (Beta 4, RC1, +)
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 05:14:28 am »
Yeah, this'd also be an amazing idea. I use both SMFShop and SMFArcade, and my users have many ways to get Credits, but this'd be one of the main ways. Wicked idea, I hope that vBGamer makes it himself :D