Author Topic: Other item ideas I'm working on  (Read 5200 times)

Offline chadk

Other item ideas I'm working on
« on: September 28, 2006, 09:37:41 am »
My users have some more shop item ideas as well that I'm going to try to work on but they'll require sql table changes so I'll have to read up on how to write an actual package.  They want:
Items to purchase:
Protection from Theft
Reverse Theft (if the thief fails, they get to steal from the thief!)
Armageddon Insurance (if someone does Armageddon all or some of the users credits are returned)
Karmageddon Insurance (restores positive and/or negative karma in the event of Karmageddon)
Protect Custom Title

Offline Basil Beard

Re: Other item ideas I'm working on
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 10:07:55 am »
Yup. All of those would be pretty easy to code if you add stuff to the members database. Just a few insert commands; nothing that bad =D
Arrrrr!

Offline chadk

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 10:23:16 pm »
I'm thinking the Insurances might atrophy or degrade over time so I might need to also modify the doointerest.php file to slowly reduce the insurance and protection items.  When you first purchase one it's 100% protection but it drops 5% per day or something so it's only good for about 10-15 days before it should be re-upped.

Offline chadk

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 10:26:29 pm »
oh the protections would actually require a package though because they would have to modify the existing Steal, Armageddon, Karmageddon, etc., php files to take into account people who might have protection.

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 06:41:35 am »
How hard would it be to create an item that would shield a member from negative side effects?  Like from the armageddon, Karmageddon, Egged, etc?
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

Offline chadk

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 07:35:09 am »
I was going to write a shield.  Wouldn't be hard, but you'd have to modify the negative effects items as well to account for a user potentially having a shield.

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 02:51:40 pm »
that would be a problemfor me.  If you can come up with the item and code I'll edit my files.
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!