Author Topic: I could really use some help.  (Read 2621 times)

Offline cmcmom

I could really use some help.
« on: September 20, 2007, 06:21:07 am »
It's a LONG story but, when we moved hosts, we messed up our Chat.  We are not using the default theme. 

So we went to UN-INSTALL but must have screwed something up ROYAL because our entire board crashed and took several hours to get it back up online.

NOW, I went where I thought all the changes for a custom theme were made and tried to delete the "leftover" bits of code.  That didn't work either.

I tried to re-install chat and the integration mod and that didn't work either. 

Here are some errors I get in the Error Log if it helps:

Undefined index: num_chat
File: /home/mommycon/public_html/board/Themes/bright_forest/BoardIndex.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 360

Undefined index: fc_chat
File: /home/mommycon/public_html/board/Themes/bright_forest/BoardIndex.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 404

File: /home/mommycon/public_html/board/Themes/bright_forest/MessageIndex.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)

File: /home/mommycon/public_html/board/Themes/default/Admin.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)

Its like little pieces of gum stuck all through the code.....I'm not really sure what to do from here?

HELP? 

I would be willing to copy and paste any of the files so someone could take a looksie.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

Offline Daniel15

Re: I could really use some help.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 10:20:37 am »
Uninstall the FlashChat integration mod, and then check your Sources/Load.php, Themes/[theme name]/BoardIndex.template.php and Themes/[theme name]/index.template.php for any leftover FlashChat code (search for "chat"). If there's some in there, remove it.

Please tell me if this fixes it :)

Offline cmcmom

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 10:53:58 am »
Uninstall the FlashChat integration mod, and then check your Sources/Load.php, Themes/[theme name]/BoardIndex.template.php and Themes/[theme name]/index.template.php for any leftover FlashChat code (search for "chat"). If there's some in there, remove it.

Please tell me if this fixes it :)

OK here are the references made by myy main theme's BoardIndex.template:

: $txt['users'], ', ', $context['num_chat'], ' ', $context['num_chat'] == 1 ? $txt['user'] : $txt['users'], ' ', $txt['fc_in_chat'];

// --- Begin FlashChat integration ---
   // If there's users in the chat
   if (!empty($context['users_chat']))
      echo '
                     <br />
                     ', $txt['fc_users_online'], ':<br />', implode(', ', $context['list_users_chat']);
   // --- End FlashChat integration ---

The Index.template references chat:

// --- Begin FlashChat Integration ---
      // Do we need to display a list of the users in the chat?
      // Are there users online?
      if (!empty($modSettings['fc_showUsers']) && !empty($context['users_chat']))
         echo '
                     ', $txt['fc_users_online'], ': ', implode(', ', $context['list_users_chat']), '<br />';
      // --- End FlashChat Integration ---
      echo '

// FlashChat!
   if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
      echo '
    <li', $current_action == 'chat' ? ' id="actief"' : '', '><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=chat" target="_blank">', $txt['fc_chat'], '</a></li>';

I will say that I tried this once before and it made my board "down" so I quickly went back to the "errored' Version.  After everything that has happened I am so leary in touching anything lol.

Offline cmcmom

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 11:26:01 am »
OK so looks like I got the code out and the board is still breathing.  LOL

I'm still getting similar Forum Errors though.  For instance:

File: /home/mommycon/public_html/board/Themes/default/Display.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)

File: /home/mommycon/public_html/board/Themes/default/Admin.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)