Author Topic: Installed ok BUT  (Read 11283 times)

Offline Gina

Re: Installed ok BUT
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 04:27:25 am »
Thank You!  I finally see my error!

Offline rider

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 04:29:16 am »
That's where it should go.It might be a langauge issue thats why I asked you to check it.If it is english-utf8 change it to just english.

Offline rider

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 04:30:01 am »
Thank You!  I finally see my error!
Come on ya got to tell me what it was.lol.

Offline Gina

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 04:45:04 am »
That's where it should go.It might be a langauge issue thats why I asked you to check it.If it is english-utf8 change it to just english.

Thats EXACTLY what I found to be the problem!  All that stress and  frustration over something sooo simple  :D

Thanks for all your help :)

Offline rider

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 04:52:30 am »

Thats EXACTLY what I found to be the problem!  All that stress and  frustration over something sooo simple  :D

Thanks for all your help :)
It is simple but if you don't know about it how can you fix it?.Since the upgrade to SMF1.1.2 alot of mods won't show unless you do this.The creators of the mods have to update their langauge files to support english-utf8.Anyhow glad I could help. O0
Now if I knew what I was doing,I'd be dangerous.lol. ;D ;D

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 10:45:32 pm »
Alternatively, if you still want to use UTF-8, make a copy of Themes/default/languages/Shop.english.php and call it Shop.english-utf8.php :)

Offline rider

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2007, 05:42:59 am »
Alternatively, if you still want to use UTF-8, make a copy of Themes/default/languages/Shop.english.php and call it Shop.english-utf8.php :)
Well that seems pretty simple.Thanks I'll try that.Do you think it will work for other mods that have the same issue as this one?
PS.It will work thanks for the idea.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 05:58:26 am by rider »

Offline claire

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 08:31:24 am »

ok im a complete coding nerd, havent a clue about any of this blah!!!!

i have the same problem, however im unable to change from the UTF-8, so my question is where do i find this themes/default......

please be kind im a numpty!!  (also could you explain to me like im a 5 year old cos im a bit coding/computer thick!)

thanks in advance for any help i get. :)

Lorraine Simone

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 12:05:30 pm »
ok I will try this as well.
thanks

Lily Flor

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2007, 03:51:03 pm »
hey i have the same problem with my forum, and it works when I change languange, but I need it spanish... what can  I do?