Author Topic: help adding downloads  (Read 4524 times)

Offline isht4r

help adding downloads
« on: October 26, 2006, 04:19:55 pm »
Yes i need help on adding Download files to the shop.

I have media files that I was to get into the shop when i add the file to the shop useing both the download file from Dansoft and the other downloader v2 from someone else it pulls up the file fine but it does not let the user download the full file. lets say i have Inuyasha movie 2 thats an .avi file it pulls up the .avi file but not the full size of it. Is there away to get this fixed sence thats what im useing the shop for the most is for all my media files.

Thanks for any help on this

Offline Daniel15

Re: help adding downloads
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 06:20:10 pm »
lets say i have Inuyasha movie 2 thats an .avi file it pulls up the .avi file but not the full size of it
How big is the AVI file? I've got a feeling it's the PHP script timing out (most hosts have PHP set up so a script can only run for less than 60 seconds). Try adding
Code: [Select]
set_time_limit(0); to the top of the download item script (underneath the <?php), and see if it helps.
Note that I'd suggest to use the v2 script, as the first one doesn't handle large files well.

other downloader v2 from someone else
That was also from me ;)

Offline isht4r

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 04:10:09 am »
Ok thanks i'll try it out to see if it will work... also the avi files are way more then 100Mb a pice

Offline isht4r

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 04:20:43 am »
Ok that did not work.. Here is a screen shot of the file getting saved it says 26 bytes when in fact it sould be 1.36Gigs

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 11:23:29 am »
Can you please download the 26-byte file, and tell me what it saved (Open it with Notepad).

Offline isht4r

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 11:39:03 pm »
saved it open it up with editpad and theres nothing there.. same with notepad too..

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 12:43:03 pm »
Hmm... I wouldn't really suggest this items for very very large files (like you have). Maybe you could instead use the 'Email an Admin' item, so that when they use the item, you'd get an email. Then, you could email them a link to the file (upload it into a hidden folder or something).

PHP isn't really good at handling very large files, so I'm not sure what else you could do.

Offline isht4r

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 09:57:37 pm »
Ok kewl thanks for the help i'll thing of another way to let people download the files