Author Topic: user not found javascript error when using 'find members'  (Read 3607 times)

Offline perplexed

user not found javascript error when using 'find members'
« on: February 14, 2007, 07:40:17 pm »
hello

I installed shop 3.0 yesterday

I have two problems but this server seemed to be down last night so I couldnt post till now.

Problem one I think is a shop problem regarding 'user not found'  I posted about this on the smf shop thread last year for 2.3 version, and someone posted a fix.  This doesnt work for 3.0.  See page 82 of smf shop mod thread.   If you are in shop, your inventory and trying to use an item eg egg a member, and type in a member name or try to search for one, it doesnt find the name.  The search finds the name but when you click on it, it doesnt put it in the name box.  Then if you try to do it, it still says user not found.  Putting in the name the member registered with works, only if you type it in.  Search does not work, It just displays       javascript: void(0);

can you help with this please?  I don't see it in the list of bugs for 3.0 but as I said, it was in previous versions.

(problem two relates to the egg item and I posted there)
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Offline Daniel15

Re: user not found javascript error when using 'find members'
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 09:33:54 am »
Does  this error only occur for the "Egg a User" item, or does it occur in SMFShop itself?

...this server seemed to be down last night so I couldnt post till now.
The server for this site was up, just the server I use for its DNS and Mail hosting was down (data centre's fault) ;)

Offline myg_weng

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 11:47:12 am »
youd experience user not found if the user changed his "displayed username" and is different from his logged in name.

i think the one that smsshop is looking for is the logged in user

Offline feeble

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 07:42:41 am »
actually the find members and not putting it in the text box is a slight bug. i think it works on some, others it doesnt work on. i could not actually get it to work correctly using firefox, but worked fine in my ie.

ill look into this more soon, and try to fix it up.

Offline perplexed

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 10:09:50 am »
Does  this error only occur for the "Egg a User" item, or does it occur in SMFShop itself?

...this server seemed to be down last night so I couldnt post till now.
The server for this site was up, just the server I use for its DNS and Mail hosting was down (data centre's fault) ;)

sorry I've been away... it seems to occur in the shop from what I can see.  It did happen in a previous version. I can check it again during the week

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 06:13:26 pm »
If it's in the View a Members' Inventory section, then it's a known bug, and I believe the fix is on the Wiki (the link to the Wiki is at the top of this page).

Offline perplexed

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 11:11:50 am »
no the error is when you are trying to use an item or give someone money etc and you have to use the find users option.  I will check out the wiki just in case but its not in the view inventory option

Offline inkstains

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 12:50:45 pm »
sort of the same problem here

from my computer i can do all the find member functions through IE but with firefox the same problem as above occurs on the view inventory and on members inventory in admin i can search for the member but it will not transfer the name back to the main window when selected

i have another user who has this problem when trying to use find member

An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

i dont think this is anything to do with smf or smfshop though but an error with his cookie but i'm not sure i've asked him to log out and back in but the same error i've also asked him to clear his cookies still no help

i have followed all instructions on the wiki and changed what was necessary but still am having no luck

sorry to hijack thread but similar problem n all

EDIT: all problems sorted bar the original transer name from the popup to main window

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 11:37:06 pm by inkstains »

Offline perplexed

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 10:25:32 pm »
not actually the same problem that I have. It isnt in the view inventory

no the error is when you are trying to use an item or give someone money etc and you have to use the find users option.  I will check out the wiki just in case but its not in the view inventory option