Author Topic: SMFShop 2.3 now out!  (Read 12326 times)

Offline Daniel15

SMFShop 2.3 now out!
« on: October 21, 2006, 02:30:13 pm »
I'm proud to announce that a new release of SMFShop (SMFShop 2.3) is now available! This version has a few new features, and fixes some of the bugs present in SMFShop 2.2. Additionally, I'm currently working on documentation for SMFShop, and it should be ready soon...

Changes:
- Admins can now give credits depending on which membergroup users are in (membergroup functions)
- Minor changes to installer (finally fixed "Incorrect table name ''" error!)
- Money can now be automatically given to people at registration
- General code cleanup
- Heaps more comments in the code (it's a lot easier to understand)
- Item files now have author name, email and website fields
- item_engine.php now has heaps and heaps of comments
- The 'Add Item' page has merged into the 'Edit Items' page
- Delete Items now uses checkboxes for deleting more than 1 item at a time
- When an item is deleted, it is now properly deleted from everyone's inventory
- Changed formatting of template files (they're now a lot easier to understand)
- Every shop page now has a custom title (previously, every page said 'Shop' on it)
- Moved stuff which shouldn't have been in ShopAdmin.template.php into ShopAdmin.php
- Money is now properly treated as float values, rather than int values
- Various updates for XHTML compliance
- Relpaced all 4-space code indentation with tabs instead
- Minor updates to a few items

Problems fixed in this release:
 - The installer now no longer shows Incorrect table name '' errors
- Linktree on 'Send Items' page fixed (it said 'Send Money')
- Slight problem with item images fixed
- Fixed InstantMessage.english.php errors

Download it from the DanSoft Australia website.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 02:33:54 pm by daniel15 »

Offline a2h

Re: SMFShop 2.3 now out!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 03:21:58 pm »
Awesome! Very nice.

Offline feeble

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 05:03:27 pm »
nice changelog

Offline udeze

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 07:33:06 pm »
Very nice, how do we update from 2.2 to 2.3, I have just downloaded the update version 2.3, should I just upload it and apply MOD from package manager as if it is completely a new install

Offline matkins70

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 07:46:06 pm »
Yeah.  I want to get this, but am worried about people losing credits/items, and my custome items i created being deleted.  If i install this, will i lose any of this.  Have never updated before.  Thanks

Offline rockinaway

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 10:01:05 pm »
Great!

RiD1

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 11:27:07 pm »
Excellent...Editing ITEMS seems easier now!

1 Question? With the CSS Style Changing, Once u create an ITEM, howcome u cannot edit the items code after the item is created?
This is not specific to this update, its been like that ever since the CSS came out?
MAybe this could be an item to try an fix for the next update...

OTHER than that, this is the BEST MOD for the SMF forum!!!

Offline chadk

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 12:57:51 am »
You should add the ability for admins to be able to "disconnect" from the shop.  They should be able to buy items for free and give away credits to anyone at any time.  They should also be able to NOT be listed in the Top Credits on hand and bank listings...   Just things I have to manually do to my shop after the update.

Offline animecosmo

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 03:09:58 am »
I added it, but now it will not let me do anything with the item administration except restock items.

This is what it looks like in the admin panel:

Item Administration
|---
|--- Restock Items

If I add action=shop_items_edit etc. to the index.php url, I get an error saying Fatal error: Call to undefined function outputEditOrDelete() in /home/(myusername)/public_html/Forum/Sources/Load.php(1647) : eval()'d code on line 210

I reupoaded all the files to put the shop back to the previous version so I could at least use the shop still.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 03:27:29 am by animecosmo »

Offline udeze

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 10:13:50 am »
Also the issue of user name capitalisation, when you want to view somebody's inventory, send somebody credits or items, if the persons user name is for instance dan and you typed Dan, it gives you "user not found error" If this can be corrected, it will relly be nice, that is the common error I am having now

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 11:47:23 am »
I have just downloaded the update version 2.3, should I just upload it and apply MOD from package manager as if it is completely a new install
Yep, just download and install the update package

I want to get this, but am worried about people losing credits/items, and my custome items i created being deleted.  If i install this, will i lose any of this.  Have never updated before.
No, you won't lose anything. This simply updates your shop files to the latest.

1 Question? With the CSS Style Changing, Once u create an ITEM, howcome u cannot edit the items code after the item is created?
This is not specific to this update, its been like that ever since the CSS came out?
Yeah, that's due to how the items work... I haven't thought of a workaround just yet.

This is what it looks like in the admin panel:

Item Administration
|---
|--- Restock Items
Check your Sources/Subs.php file to make sure that the code in there is correct. Post the code in that file here, and I'll see if it's correct or not.

If I add action=shop_items_edit etc. to the index.php url, I get an error saying Fatal error: Call to undefined function outputEditOrDelete() in /home/(myusername)/public_html/Forum/Sources/Load.php(1647) : eval()'d code on line 210
Hmmm... It looks like the files weren't uploaded properly. You could do it manually from the files in the upgrade archive:
 - Upload 'shop' directory to Sources/shop
 - Upload 'items' directory to Sources/shop/items
 - Upload Shop.template.php and ShopAdmin.template.php to Themes/default
 - Upload Shop.english.php to Themes/default/languages

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 03:09:40 pm »
Any chance of ever adding categories to the main shop?
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

Offline udeze

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 05:57:00 pm »
I have upgraaded, everything is ok except that, It doesn't send an e-mail to a member when you send someone some money, what might be the cause?

Offline tropicallili

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 01:32:44 pm »
I love the new features but I do have a question... >_<' Not sure if this is the right place to put it. I'm sorry if it isn't. After I installed the Send Money to Username link over the View Inventory link is now missing. Is that a part of the new feature? And is there someway I can get it back on there? Thanks in advance.  :)

EDIT: I found out how... I forgot I had to manually stick in the code since I'm not using the default. Sorry for the bother.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 06:11:19 am by tropicallili »

Dermot

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 12:44:29 am »

Updated My board to 1.1 final with no issues.

uninstalled old 2.3 smf shop and uploaded your new 2.3 fixed version for 1.1 gold and get the following error when go to install package.

Duplicate column name 'money'
File: /home/shadoe/public_html/smf/Packages/temp/installScript.php
Line: 120

Does the uninstall not clear the old tables?

if not do you have a full uninstall script to remove all the right tables and fix this issue?