Author Topic: SMFShop 2.2 now out!!  (Read 19519 times)

Offline mikedats

Re: SMFShop 2.2 now out!!
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 01:14:54 pm »
i had this problem where i accidentally deleted the database. after fixing that the shop doesnt work anymore. it still adds cash for making posts. but cant buy, trade and so on. i tried uninstalling the mod but it wont let me cuz it says some "table" unknown in the databse. i tried overwriting the mod with 2.2 but it still says 2.1.

i just wanna remove it and do a clean installation. but i cant remove it...what can be done?

Offline mikedats

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 02:21:06 pm »
nevermind. found a topic that helped. was able to install it again. but not really. the members cash was still to date. now the problem i came across is changing someones usertitle. when i click on use this item, it goes to the screen you have successfully changed blah blah's title to:

the weird thing is that i didnt even enter the name of who and what i wanted to change it to. hmmm...

Offline mikedats

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 05:22:13 pm »
actually, just need some help on uninstalling everything, i tried. using...

Code: [Select]
DELETE FROM `smf_settings` WHERE `variable` = 'shopVersion' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `smf_settings` WHERE `variable` = 'shopDate' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `smf_settings` WHERE `variable` = 'shopBuild' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `smf_settings` WHERE `variable` = 'shopCurrencyPrefix' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `smf_settings` WHERE `variable` = 'shopCurrencySuffix' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `smf_settings` WHERE `variable` = 'shopPointsPerTopic' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `smf_settings` WHERE `variable` = 'shopPointsPerPost' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `smf_settings` WHERE `variable` = 'shopInterest' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `smf_settings` WHERE `variable` = 'shopBankEnabled' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `smf_settings` WHERE `variable` = 'shopImageWidth' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `smf_settings` WHERE `variable` = 'shopImageHeight' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `smf_settings` WHERE `variable` = 'shopTradeEnabled' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `smf_settings` WHERE `variable` = shopItemsPerPage' LIMIT 1;

then i tried to install it again...said the theres a duplicate field.

smf_shop_items exists already. but had removed it already.

but then the shop seemed to have installed anyways. im came across what i mentioned in the previous post. then the funny thing is that when i went into the package manager, its asking if i wanna apply the shop mod. meaning it hasnt installed yet. but it has.

basically, i just wanna removed everything and start over from scratch.

Offline littleone

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 11:58:15 am »
There seems to be an issue with the shop.  It was brought to our attention that maybe some of the "Send Admin" email feature wasnt working.  So i purchased 16 different ones and used them and numbered them.  Only numbers 4 and 9 arrived.  The other 14 never showed.  What might the problem be here?

Offline the fat boy

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 01:57:06 am »
Both of the items in the item section, profile image and karma bash do not work with the new update.  how can i fix it?

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2006, 10:32:08 pm »
Both of the items in the item section, profile image and karma bash do not work with the new update.  how can i fix it?
They should. With regards to items, nothing has changed...
What do you mean by 'do not work'? The Profile Image item is working fine on this site, with SMFShop 2.2

There seems to be an issue with the shop.  It was brought to our attention that maybe some of the "Send Admin" email feature wasnt working.  So i purchased 16 different ones and used them and numbered them.  Only numbers 4 and 9 arrived.  The other 14 never showed.  What might the problem be here?
That sounds like a server problem. Is there anything in your server's error log?

In admin panel, also, the shop's settings area disappeared, looks like this:
Are you sure that the Themes/default/language/Shop.english.php file is not corrupted? And, what are the exact errors in your error log?

Offline the fat boy

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2006, 06:01:44 am »
well... the karma bash says it works, but doesnt actually affect the karma.

Offline littleone

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2006, 05:45:05 am »
There seems to be an issue with the shop. It was brought to our attention that maybe some of the "Send Admin" email feature wasnt working. So i purchased 16 different ones and used them and numbered them. Only numbers 4 and 9 arrived. The other 14 never showed. What might the problem be here?
That sounds like a server problem. Is there anything in your server's error log?

No there isnt.  Like I said some of it goes through and the rest of it dont.  Not sure why that might be.  Is there a way to make the email admin option become "Unusable" after the member has used it?  That way if they ask about it, we can see that in fact they had used that?  Or is there a way to make a shop log? to see who bought what, when and when it was used or traded or otherwise?  Thanks

bd2003

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2006, 08:35:30 am »
well both forums that i installed it on are using the default theme so that can't be it.

I've got the same problem. Using the default theme, upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 and no link above the avatar... any ideas?

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2006, 12:25:08 pm »
I've got the same problem. Using the default theme, upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 and no link above the avatar... any ideas?
You need to edit the theme manually. Unfortunately, I forgot to put that bit of code in the upgrade package :P

Open Display.template.php
Find:

//BEGIN SMFShop MOD 1.31 (Build 7) CODE

echo 
"<a href='$scripturl?action=shop;do=invother2;member={$message['member']['username']}'>View Inventory</a><br>";

//END SMFShop MOD 1.31 code

Add After:

//BEGIN SMFShop MOD 2.2 (Build 10) code

echo 
"<a href='$scripturl?action=shop;do=sendmoney;member={$message['member']['username']}'>Send Money to {$message['member']['name']}</a><br />";

//END SMFShop code

bd2003

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2006, 03:18:01 am »
Worked like a champ!

Thanks, Daniel!

Offline k_4_kelly

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2006, 03:23:45 pm »
hello...for some reason...i couldnt send money to someone....
the member is there, but it said doesn't exist...... ???

ERROR: The member you typed (' \"weirdweirdo\"') doesn't exist!

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2006, 12:00:35 pm »
hello...for some reason...i couldnt send money to someone....
the member is there, but it said doesn't exist......

ERROR: The member you typed (' \"weirdweirdo\"') doesn't exist!
Does that member really have quotes in their name? Try just typing 'weirdoweirdo' into the box. It looks like for some reason, it put unneeded quotation marks around their name ("")

Offline Daethian

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2006, 09:11:13 am »
I'm upgraded too and still have errors:
Change other's title:  Allows you to buy, and use but you don't get to enter the username or the new title, it just goes right to
Successfully changed 's title to

I've also never been able to resolve the Profile Image error I posted about previously.