Author Topic: SMFPets is Finally Here (0.1 out)  (Read 105161 times)

Offline Basil Beard

Re: SMFPets is Finally Here (0.1 out)
« Reply #210 on: April 19, 2007, 09:59:46 pm »
o_0. Thats very odd. Sorry about that. I have no idea what would be causeing the duplicate code.

Pet categories can probably come when I actually create an admin pannel. They would be a pain to do before that though.
Arrrrr!

Offline preddy25

« Reply #211 on: April 20, 2007, 01:00:24 am »
hi basil ! thanks for the hacks so far ! i m still playing around with it now  >:D

can anyone tell me how do hack the display template php so i can place the "View Inventory" and "Send money to" beside the user's post with icons instead of text?

I tried a few times but haven been successful yet... i am very noob at coding..help pls?would appreciate it alot!

Offline Lady Ambrosia

« Reply #212 on: April 20, 2007, 05:10:46 am »
o_0. Thats very odd. Sorry about that. I have no idea what would be causeing the duplicate code.

Pet categories can probably come when I actually create an admin pannel. They would be a pain to do before that though.
Oh that's fine, I can wait until then :D  I agree that it would be a pain to them before an admin panel, I guess I should have mentioned that when you started on the admin panel that would be a great time to add the categories LOL sorry about that.  But seriously, I think you're doing an awesome job with this mod, I hope to have my pets made pretty soon, so I can finally add it to my working forum, as I know my members will LOVE this mod!
Ambrosia's Castle - My Personal Site
The Dark Castle - My Forum

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #213 on: April 23, 2007, 02:35:26 am »
Looks like a cleared most of the errors up. It appears they were caused by me not understanding class_exists, and thus using constants when I shouldve quoted.  :D

Anyways... just need to work on upgraded food and starter pets now.  :)
Arrrrr!

Offline Lady Ambrosia

« Reply #214 on: April 23, 2007, 05:01:13 am »
Looks like a cleared most of the errors up. It appears they were caused by me not understanding class_exists, and thus using constants when I shouldve quoted.  :D

Anyways... just need to work on upgraded food and starter pets now.  :)
:o  That quick already?  REALLY?  WOW!!!  You don't play around do you?  I wasn't expecting you to just have only 2 more things left to do, I was thinking oh this will be a few weeks yet...WOW!!

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #215 on: April 23, 2007, 05:12:24 am »
Getting the paw was a matter of coping and pasting technodragon's work.

Almost all the errors were because of my class structure, so those were easy to fix as well.  :P
Arrrrr!

Offline dymas88

« Reply #216 on: April 23, 2007, 03:07:37 pm »
Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Code    updateScript.php    
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/shop/pet_engine.php    File not found
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Shop.english.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/shop/Shop-Subs.php    Test failed
5.    Extract File    ./Sources/shop/items/Food.php    

how about this?

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #217 on: April 24, 2007, 04:06:08 am »
You are trying to instal the upgrade before you install the package itself.  :P :P
Arrrrr!

Offline discoponies

« Reply #218 on: April 26, 2007, 08:24:15 am »
I put my pet into training... and since the time it has come out of training I have been given this message when trying to access any part o the shop...

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'm waiting till i can by a Hero Chao to balance him out...',hunger =' at line 7File: /home/fhlinux172/n/nomoreblue.greenhillnetwork.co.uk/user/htdocs/Sources/shop/pet_engine.phpLine: 298

Any ideas what to fix? Cos Im confused because I have NO idea why it would have issue with the line....

WHERE pet_id = {$this->id}", __FILE__, __LINE__);

I tried bother versions of the pet engine file (0.0 and 0.1) and it still points out that speficic line with that speciifc code in the file.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 08:33:33 am by discoponies »

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #219 on: April 26, 2007, 10:37:04 am »
I think it has to do with pet names/descriptions having quote marks in them. I thought I had checked for that, but guess not.
Arrrrr!

Offline discoponies

« Reply #220 on: April 26, 2007, 09:37:49 pm »
So If I reinstall it afresh and make sure it is clear that you shouldt use quotations etc... then it will be fine?

Offline Lady Ambrosia

« Reply #221 on: April 27, 2007, 02:27:44 am »
So If I reinstall it afresh and make sure it is clear that you shouldt use quotations etc... then it will be fine?

I think someone said that they had their members change the names or that they changed it themselves, but I can't remember where I saw that, it's somewhere in this thread though.

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #222 on: April 27, 2007, 03:52:48 am »
The quote error should be fixed with the latest version. Which should be out soon. Right now its just gonna be 0.2 -- no upgrade. So if you want an upgrade you can either manually install or uninstill(backup the pets table first) and reinstall afresh.  ;)

Most of the changes I have wanted to see are already in the 0.2 version. The biggest changes between it and the official release will be coding the admin side of things.  :-X
Arrrrr!

Offline discoponies

« Reply #223 on: April 27, 2007, 07:29:58 am »
Well just so everyone knows. I installed the system again. It was because somebody used a ' in their pet description... well I think it was. Because once removed it was fine.

Oh well, very good mod, I have customised to make it about Chao (I run a Sonic fan site), so overall, I like ^^

Honcho

« Reply #224 on: April 29, 2007, 09:16:43 pm »
My pet seems to be stuck in training!