Author Topic: Shop Ideas  (Read 24893 times)

Offline theunder-ground

Re: Shop Ideas
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2006, 11:36:58 am »
Um, item transfers have already been coded. Multiple shops is also not that hard. I have done it; and while I don't feel like coding a way to make adding shops and stuff like that nice and easy, I could tell you how to add multiple shops the brute force way.(It takes manually editing the shop code/database, but that stuffs fun, right =P) I'll look at my code and post it up in a day or two.

The Multiple shops would be a blessing

Offline okapi

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2006, 08:38:31 am »
Hi Basil Beard, i am very interested in the multiples shops. I was searching in your posts but i could not find the guide to add multiple shops. Did you post it? Thanks.

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2006, 12:34:36 pm »
Eh sorry about that. I'll try and explain how to do that soon. I forgot how many steps there where to it. =P
Arrrrr!

Offline matkins70

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2006, 09:10:11 pm »
Eh sorry about that. I'll try and explain how to do that soon. I forgot how many steps there where to it. =P

Lol, wont be trying that too soon yet

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2006, 11:52:51 am »
The multiple shops isn't what I am concerned with...more would like to simply add categories for shop items if it is at all possible at this stage...
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

Offline Phydeaux

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2006, 06:57:59 pm »
Pardon me for butt'n in, but aren't "multiple shops" and "categories" the same thing essentially? The "Shop" is like the whole big building? Within the building you have different departments (i.e. categories).

Daniel, I've just finished adding this very feature to the RPG package we've emailed about. If you like, I'll add the code into SMFShop and send it to you. You can determine if it's what you want to do and release it or no.

Phydeaux

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2006, 11:36:45 pm »
Pardon me for butt'n in, but aren't "multiple shops" and "categories" the same thing essentially? The "Shop" is like the whole big building? Within the building you have different departments (i.e. categories).

Daniel, I've just finished adding this very feature to the RPG package we've emailed about. If you like, I'll add the code into SMFShop and send it to you. You can determine if it's what you want to do and release it or no.

Phydeaux

I suppose ewith that logic, then yes...but what I am looking for is rather than install an entire smfshop installation for each "category" i would rather just have a category list...something similar to the downloads section of my forum... you can look at what I am talking about by going here: http://forum.technodragon.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl

Offline Phydeaux

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2006, 06:30:54 am »
:-) hmmm, how to best explain this... ummm ok, There's only one SMFShop installation. For my RPG shop which is really just 'more' of SMFShop modded up to use items from a database table without the input_needed and extra stuff, I've added categories or departments or individual shops or whatever you'd like to call them actually. When a member goes to "Buy" something, instead of seeing a list of everything avaliable like SMFShop presently shows you... The members see a list of title bars, each one containing a department name i.e. Armor, Headgear, Hands, Arms, Feet, Weapons, Magic/Spells etc. When the user clicks on one of these, the page reloads and under the selected (department) titlebar is a list of items in that department, and the other titlebars display in their order as before... still waiting to be clicked on. Items per page works like SMFShop. All categories display on a page regardless of number of items per page. etc. I wasn't going to fiddle with adding it to SMFShop simply because I don't see a need for it in our installation (too few items) but I've seen several requests for it, including yourself now. We havea couple hundred items in the RPGShop. Even wth your request though, I'd feel much better letting Daniel deal with it since I really don't feel comfy letting out a full packaged, hacked version of SMFShop. If you're interested... and can manually install the code, I'd be willing to give that to you with instructions on how/where to insert it however.

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2006, 01:56:31 pm »
That would be perfect...can I have a link to see your shop for myself...it sounds like exactly what I have been waiting for.  And, yes, trust me I have done more that my share of manual edits to practically every aspect of my forum and all of the mods/packages that are in there.  So, yes, if you could I would appreciate that greatly to get the steps to edit to do that.

Offline Phydeaux

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2006, 05:04:29 pm »
Cool... and I'll pass that link to you... as soon as I install it on our online server. I have a box set up with Apache on my home network, plus a test installation on the net. I use it to run and test all the mods and my own stuff before going live on the RoH server. Problem is... I ain't home right now. I work in the Gulf of Mexico. I don't have access to the files until I finish this hitch and get back home to East Texas. I feel sorta back having stirred up your interest and now to leave you hanging, waiting... but I hope you'll find it was worth it. Barring any complications, I should have it up here for you by Friday my time in Texas.

Phydeaux

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2006, 10:14:08 pm »
oh you are such a tease!

Work on an oil rig do ya...way cool!

Offline Phydeaux

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2006, 06:52:45 pm »
Natural Gas production platform actually... :)
plz ck ur pms

Edit-> LMBO!!! Put up my avi today... and I just noticed it. It's "normally" taller than wide.  :2funny: Sorta squatted now... looks like my horse    Widow Maker sat on my head don't it?!  ::)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 07:31:23 pm by Phydeaux »