Author Topic: Shop Ideas  (Read 24907 times)

Offline Redblade

Shop Ideas
« on: January 05, 2006, 07:48:06 am »
Just a few ideas I had that could improve the shop itself:

-multiple shops: The ability to create multiple shops. This would be good in forum that makes lots of items. This will help organize them.

-trading items: Not just allowing members to being able to put stuff up for sale, but also being able to trade your item for another item.

-Giving away items: The ability to give your item away to another. May seem crazy or silly, but some people like to be generous.

That's it for now. These ideas came from me seeing other shops on different type of forums. Like the Phpbb one and the invision one.

I got more ideas, but I figured I wait and see what you think of these first.

Offline Daniel15

Re: Shop Ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 01:55:35 pm »
-multiple shops: The ability to create multiple shops. This would be good in forum that makes lots of items. This will help organize them.
I've already planned to add category support in SMFShop.

-Giving away items: The ability to give your item away to another. May seem crazy or silly, but some people like to be generous.
That was originally planned to be added at the same time as the 'Send money to someone' feature, but I didn't have the time.

Please post all your ideas at my bug tracker at http://bugs.dansoftaustralia.net/

Offline Redblade

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 05:34:42 am »
Alright I'll do that. I'm just going to be giving you random ideas as they come. I personally won't care which ideas you pick, I'm just trying to help in generating ideas.

EDIT: Hey is it ok to suggest item scripts?  ;D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 05:38:21 am by Redblade »

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 08:54:57 am »
EDIT: Hey is it ok to suggest item scripts?  ;D

Sure, that's one of the things I like :D

Offline Redblade

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 05:41:18 am »
Then prepare to be flooded....

Offline jessirose

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 06:34:33 pm »
daniel i was wondering something that i asked over at SMF (username: Lostprophecy)

is it possible to have an email or PM send to either one person (myself) or all admins everytime someone buys something from the shop (i'm not talking about trade centre emails)

either that or is it possible to have a purchase log set up somewhere in admin where i can access it...

i really wouldlike this so i can keep track of what everyone is buying... having >250 members makes it hard if you can't keep a track of it

~Jessi

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 07:48:50 am »
daniel i was wondering something that i asked over at SMF (username: Lostprophecy)

is it possible to have an email or PM send to either one person (myself) or all admins everytime someone buys something from the shop (i'm not talking about trade centre emails)

either that or is it possible to have a purchase log set up somewhere in admin where i can access it...

i really wouldlike this so i can keep track of what everyone is buying... having >250 members makes it hard if you can't keep a track of it

~Jessi

I'll see what I can do about that. It's probably just a simple code edit (I don't have access to the SMFShop code at the moment, so I'll see tonight).

Offline jessirose

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 08:53:23 am »
thanx for looking at this i would really appreciate it :)

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 12:45:04 pm »
Hi,
 Sorry, but I might not be able to work on it at the moment. School is starting again for me next Monday, so I'll be focusing mainly on school. Unfortunately, that means I don't get much time to work on SMFShop.

--daniel15

Offline tazpot

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 06:22:49 am »
Firstly i think your SMFshop is brilliant and a very good way of keeping a board interesting.

Something i think might add to it is the ability for a purchased item (i.e an image about smilie size) to be displayed on a users postings under their avatar in the forums. I have seen this done using your shop but i can't find any mention of it here and assume they did it themselves by fiddling with the code.
 I have no experience in this mind boggling field and would love to hear your thoughts or guidance in doing this.

p.s the site i have seen it done is at  www.matchbox360.co.uk       Thanks   Tazpot

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 09:01:09 am »
Ah, I did something similar once (someone wanted something similar). It was called the "Flag" item. Basically, you buy a flag and it shows under your avatar. They used it for country flags, although I suppose it could be changed to be used for anything really. However, it has a few bugs, and is not ready for public release yet.

Here's some screenshots:
Purchasing a flag:

The flag displayed under avatar:

Offline tazpot

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 05:06:57 am »
That looks like exactly what i am after, simply the ability to have items displayed so users can show off their purchases.

Obviously you are a very busy person but if you get chance then i think it would make a great addon item. O0 

Thanks Daniel  keep up the good work

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 09:46:17 am »
OK, I'll see if I can work on this on Friday...

Offline tazpot

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 03:56:23 am »
That would be great. 8)
And i don't mind beta testing it for you if you want as me site is very new and people are expecting the odd change whilst i fine tune and adjust it.  www.taffyshack.cjb.net
I have started to fill the shop with stuff but most are just images that i would like to be displayed on members profiles so that they mean something and not just sitting in their inventories. O0

Offline Sakuragi

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 09:21:46 pm »
I've already planned to add category support in SMFShop.

I am also very interested by this
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 09:25:20 pm by Sakuragi »