Author Topic: RC 3?  (Read 8753 times)

Offline Existenz

RC 3?
« on: August 22, 2006, 11:28:39 pm »
Have you gotten SMFShop to work with RC3 yet? Just asking out of interest sake...

Offline Greyias

Re: RC 3?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 07:54:12 am »
On the topic of RC3... if we do want to upgrade to the new versions of SMF, are we going to basically lose all the work on our shops because we have to re-install everything?  If so, is there an easy way to maybe back up items/inventories/everyone's money? I did a little dance last night at the news of the release, until I realized this.

I've recently been under attack by spam bots, so I'd really like to use the CAPTCHA option (that, and the red "Out of date!" warning in the ACP bugs me). I'm holding off on upgrading though until I know I won't lose the shop :)

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 08:20:15 pm »
I'll take a look at RC3 later, and try SMFShop with it. If it works fine, I'll update the package ;)

[On the topic of RC3... if we do want to upgrade to the new versions of SMF, are we going to basically lose all the work on our shops because we have to re-install everything?  If so, is there an easy way to maybe back up items/inventories/everyone's money? I did a little dance last night at the news of the release, until I realized this.
As far as I know, installing RC3 will uninstall all MODs? If so, then SMFShop will be uninstalled. The best way to save your information would be to create a backup of the smf_shop_* tables in phpMyAdmin (Export them, with data). Then, save the output. Once you get everything working again, restore the backup :)

EDIT: OK, it appears to work fine with SMF 1.1 RC3 (using the SMF 1.1 RC2 install XML file). I've just updated the archive to work with it :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 09:09:45 pm by daniel15 »

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 10:51:44 am »
Yup. Consdering there were no changes between RC1 and RC2 I assumed there was no changed in RC3 and just copied the update file so that it would work. =P. Finally got my shop more or else working again as well. Just need to add all the items tomorrow ;-)
Arrrrr!

Offline littleone

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 06:36:55 am »
I'll take a look at RC3 later, and try SMFShop with it. If it works fine, I'll update the package ;)

[On the topic of RC3... if we do want to upgrade to the new versions of SMF, are we going to basically lose all the work on our shops because we have to re-install everything?  If so, is there an easy way to maybe back up items/inventories/everyone's money? I did a little dance last night at the news of the release, until I realized this.
As far as I know, installing RC3 will uninstall all MODs? If so, then SMFShop will be uninstalled. The best way to save your information would be to create a backup of the smf_shop_* tables in phpMyAdmin (Export them, with data). Then, save the output. Once you get everything working again, restore the backup :)

EDIT: OK, it appears to work fine with SMF 1.1 RC3 (using the SMF 1.1 RC2 install XML file). I've just updated the archive to work with it :)

So where can I download the latest version that is compatible with RC3?

Thanks,
LittleOne

Offline littleone

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 08:23:57 am »
When I look all I see is Arcade 2.2 with a last updated date of in July.  I see it says under the news its been updated but no where do I see a 1.1 RC 3 only 1.1 RC 2?  Help please ;)

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 11:54:08 am »
So where can I download the latest version that is compatible with RC3?
Go to http://www.dansoftaustralia.net/ , and click on 'SMFShop'. The newest ZIP file is fully compatible with SMF 1.1 RC3 ;)

Offline littleone

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 03:00:09 am »
Ok I am trying to upload the Change_All to the sources/shop/items folder but it wont let me.  I keep getting an error saying its now allowed or that there is some kind of timeout.  I didnt have this problem last time

Offline littleone

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 12:53:48 pm »
I cant change the CMOD on the shop or shop/items folder.  I keep getting a permission denied error, and therefore I am unable to move or paste my Change_All.php into the shop/items folder.  Any suggestions would help a bunch!

Offline Syndel

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 09:04:14 am »
Hi!
I opened a ticket of support, but not sure if that worked. I am sorry, my first language is not English!
I installed the newest version for RC3 and I am having 2 issues:

1) Cannot add items

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: item_addtopostcount in /www/cgi/boards/Sources/shop/ShopAdmin.php(174) : eval()'d code on line 1

2) Cannot edit member's inventory of a member that exists cause say it doesn't! Even when I find it in the search members tool :/

Help please?

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 08:14:53 pm »
1) Cannot add items

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: item_addtopostcount in /www/cgi/boards/Sources/shop/ShopAdmin.php(174) : eval()'d code on line 1

Are you sure the addtopostcount.php item is in the proper place in the store?

2) Cannot edit member's inventory of a member that exists cause say it doesn't! Even when I find it in the search members tool :/

Help please?

Not sure here. You are using the real name not the display name, right?
Arrrrr!

Offline Syndel

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 12:31:00 am »
What is the proper place in the store for the addtopostcount.php? I dunno much about codes....
And yep... was using the real name, not the display.

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2006, 06:43:20 am »
whatever your forum directory/sources/shop/items
Arrrrr!

Offline Syndel

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 08:48:52 am »
I fixed the non-existant user by changing his username... then it accepted it... go figure....
I don't understand what code could be missing or what should be added.
I am really lost.

Offline Syndel

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2006, 09:42:41 am »
And yep... addtopostcount is inside /www/cgi/boards/Sources/shop/items/