Author Topic: Problem with Upgrade to v1.1.4 of SMF  (Read 4657 times)

Offline robinsongo

Problem with Upgrade to v1.1.4 of SMF
« on: November 21, 2007, 02:12:50 pm »
Hi,

I installed SMF v1.1.4 and then I installed SMF Shop 3.0. The installation went fine however, after the installation, I cannot access the SMF Shop editor under the Configuration tab of the admin panel. It only left a blank space. What should I do?

rob

Offline Daniel15

Re: Problem with Upgrade to v1.1.4 of SMF
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 10:23:27 am »
What language are you using? If you're using another language (or English UTF8), you'll need to make a copy of Themes/default/languages/Shop.english.php and call it Shop.<language>.php (eg. Shop.english-utf8.php for English UTF-8.

Offline Kerri

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 01:47:40 pm »
I'm having the same issue...I've tried doing the new language file and that's not working for me.  If I create an admin account for you, can you take a look?

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 04:12:09 pm »
Are you able to give me FTP access to your site? I'll check that the language files are fine :)

Offline gartrout

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 01:00:05 am »
Hello,
I'm new here, but this bit of information was CRITICAL for my installation!  The "Shop.english-utf8.php" language file would be great to include as a standard part of the download package for those of us who have installed with Fantastico.

Thank you,
Gary <><
What language are you using? If you're using another language (or English UTF8), you'll need to make a copy of Themes/default/languages/Shop.english.php and call it Shop.<language>.php (eg. Shop.english-utf8.php for English UTF-8.

Offline abbykat

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 08:15:52 am »
I installed it too, and i dont have a shop configuration at all. I am using arcane magic theme, and installed using fantastico as well. If I am reading and understanding this right, do i just need to copy the Shop.english.php file to the theme i am using?

Offline gartrout

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 10:22:45 am »
I installed it too, and i dont have a shop configuration at all. I am using arcane magic theme, and installed using fantastico as well. If I am reading and understanding this right, do i just need to copy the Shop.english.php file to the theme i am using?
I'm guessing you may need this fix and then I found this here in the wiki section specific to your theme:
http://www.dansoftaustralia.net/smfshop_wiki/Themes/Arcane_Magic

Best of luck,
Gary <><
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 10:27:04 am by gartrout »

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 11:53:42 am »
No, you need to make a copy of it in the default theme directory, and call it Shop.english-utf8.php. This is not due to your theme, but due to Fantastico using the UTF-8 English version rather than the "normal" one.

The "Shop.english-utf8.php" language file would be great to include as a standard part of the download package for those of us who have installed with Fantastico.
I'll try to do that in the future :)